Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3.5mo sucks bottom lip

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:25 AM
  • 9 Replies

past several weeks my DD drools alot and sucks in bottom lip; I try to wipe as often as possible as I don't want her to get chapped. Any idea why she does this?

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mamamia819
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:26 AM

Infants really do need to suck. Does she have a pacifier?

littlejreece
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:28 AM

My daughter did this a lot too, and I am convinced it was part of the teething process (she is 7 mo now and cut her two bottom teeth 2 months ago). One of the best tips I got was to use plain old chapstick on her face. It might sound silly, but is was actually the cheapest and most effective thing I found to help prevent the irritation that comes from being wet with drool all the time. I was told by some well-meaning family members to use lotions on my daughter's face, but she has somewhat sensitive skin, and whenever I used the chapstick trick, any redness cleared up within hours. Good luck!!

goodson_2008
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:29 AM

My son does that too but he started at 3 months and is now almost 5. He does it when he is getting tired but not wanting to sleep.

Wife to military man Josh and Mommy to Jayden :)

ANGIE409
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:15 AM

Teething.  It'll pass.

crzybtful4_u
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:17 AM

I agree with PP. All 3 of my kids have done this at one point in time. My DD is 8.5 months, and she does this all the time because she's teething(no teeth yet though)...it'll pass.

((*Steph--momma to Elijah,Brayden and Hannah

"You were given this life because YOU are strong enough to live it!"

bluebunbun
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:19 AM

i didn't read the rest but i think teething....especially the drooling part lol

mrsVINZON
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:23 AM

my daughter who is 4months right now, has been doing the same thing for the past couple of weeks already. i asked the dr about it and she said that my daughters going through teething. give her the teething toy, or my dr said put a clean wet towel in a ziplock bag and put it in the freezer then give it to her to play with and it'll help with her gums being so itchy.

hamptonj
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:27 AM

My three month old is also doing that and I ask my friend that is a great nurse she said that he is in the age to start teething.  

norbert
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:29 AM

Both of mine did this when they were teething. My daughter's shirts would get soaked in the front from her drooling so much, ended up putting a bib on her 24/7. It will pass mama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)