Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Packing issues!! HELP ME!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:45 AM
  • 4 Replies

Ok, I'm heading home on Friday with my kids and my husband. My husband has training to do from after christmas until March. And he and I thought it would be best if I went to stay with my parents. (just so I can get a break every now and then)

I DON'T want to pack everything that I did last time, I had my WHOLE car FILLED with suitcases of stuff I THOUGHT they needed, and ended up NOT using! I need some advice!!!

I am packing 20 outfits per child. (I have 2) I figure I should be duing laundry every weekend. So most of those clothes are JUST INCASE clothes. Do this sound like TO much, or TO little. I need some advice, and I don't want to take more then 1 suitcase if I don't have to. I have presents to bring home too.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Kir
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:49 AM

I'd bring four pairs of pants and ten shirts and ten pairs of socks and underwear three pairs of shoes per child. 

My parents were divorced so I did a lot of packing growing up.  We also moved a lot and traveled a lot.

YoungMarineWife
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:51 AM

YAY!!! YOU SAVED ME!!! THANK YOU!!! I'M GOING TO PACK NOW!!!! YAY!!!

Quoting Kir:

I'd bring four pairs of pants and ten shirts and ten pairs of socks and underwear three pairs of shoes per child. 

My parents were divorced so I did a lot of packing growing up.  We also moved a lot and traveled a lot.

Kir
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:54 AM

Let me know if you need help packing anything else. 

momof2boys987
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:04 AM

i have 2 boys and i do the same thing.  They are 2 and 6mo and I used to pack 20 outfits for 2 or 3 days.  I found a good way to slim it down.  if you dont get what im trying to say then send me a message.  i travel, for only a couple days, a lot.  Its all about how your going to use what your bringing.

first, pull out everything you want to bring.  All 20 outfits, lol.  Then start ruling stuff out.  for example.  say you have 3 short sleeve shirts and 3 long sleeve shirts, only take one short sleeve shirt.  If you put like stuff together (ex. pants, socks, shirts) then look at what you have, you'll find you have stuff that you prob wont use.  you may think you'll need it but you wont.  Also, you can cut down on the amount of clothes you use by packing more bibs and shout wipes (for when they get stuff on their clothes.) instead of changing them everytime just wipe them down or take off the bib

loving mother

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)