Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help with Birth Control..

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:11 AM
  • 7 Replies

SO i wrote a post last week about Mirena.. I got it taking out due to its BAD side effects!  Well i am now on Ortho Tri Cyclin LO.. Has anyone ever gotten prego on this pill? I take it religiously on time EVERYDAY since i gotten it ... i  will continue too bc i do not want to get  prego for about another year or more...

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
disaesor
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:14 AM

I took it for about two cycles and while I didnt get pregnant on it, when I went on the placbo pills, I SWORE to god I was! It has one of the worst placebo pills in my opnion because it gave me every symptom of pregnancy there could be! I liked Lybrell personally the best.

☆ j u l e z ☆

momsbabies
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:16 AM

I was on it.  As long as you take it as directed it is 99% effective.  I did get pregnant, but that was my own fault, I had a lot of trouble remembering.  I have mirena.  I experienced some side effects in the beginning, but I have had it for 9 months now and love it. 

lilianasmom1116
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:20 AM

was on it for a couple years. never got preggo, we never used a condom either.

tjimenez112806
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:20 AM

I had the mirena for 13months and then took it out... I had no side effects noticable till the 13month when my uterus swelled up from not getting my pd and the hormones satred to mess up my body... I wish that would have worked for me... When they toook it out that thing CAN NOT be sanitary... It wasdirty looking!!

Quoting momsbabies:

I was on it.  As long as you take it as directed it is 99% effective.  I did get pregnant, but that was my own fault, I had a lot of trouble remembering.  I have mirena.  I experienced some side effects in the beginning, but I have had it for 9 months now and love it. 

lilianasmom1116
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:21 AM

well it was in you for 13 months!! lol

Quoting tjimenez112806:

I had the mirena for 13months and then took it out... I had no side effects noticable till the 13month when my uterus swelled up from not getting my pd and the hormones satred to mess up my body... I wish that would have worked for me... When they toook it out that thing CAN NOT be sanitary... It wasdirty looking!!

Quoting momsbabies:

keke0507
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:22 AM

I was on it for 3 years.....got pregnant the third year, but I did not take it at the same time every day, we never used a condom or any form of protection either.

I loved it though! Virtually no side effects!

liss7208
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:23 AM

i got preggo twice on it....my doc said i had to be on stronger hormones or somthing like that...so i am on yaz now...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)