Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oops!

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:26 AM
  • 3 Replies

So last night my 6 year old dd walked in on my fiance and I while we were...involved.  When I finally realized she was there I told her to get back in bed and I would be there in a sec.  When I went in there she said, "What were you guys doing?  He was going up and down and up and down on your tummy."  LOL  Not knowing what to say I told her it was a game adults play sometimes.  Should I discuss this with her some more or give her a different explanation?  I've never been in this situation before.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
robe739
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:31 AM

OUCH!  Tough situation with a 6 year old.  I wish that I had good advice for you, but that stuff is SOOOO hard for me to address!  LOL!  My DD asked me how her little brother was made & who put him in my belly & how he comes out.  SOOO....  I called my older sister & made HER explain it to her!  LMAO!  My sister is married to a pastor & has a way with words & knows how to better explain it from a Christian's point of view.  I don't remember what was said to my daughter, but that was almost 5 years ago.  & she hasn't asked anymore questions since than!  If she does....  I'm calling my sister!  LMAO!  I'm a big chicken!!!!

bxmom2580
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:32 AM

I THINK YOU TOLD HER THE RIGHT THING, IMO, I THINK SHE IS TOO YOUNG TO KNOW ABOUT SEX, NEXT TIME, IF YOU HAVE A LOCK ON YOUR DOOR, LOCK IT, IF NOT, BUY ONE

lostmarbles0520
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:33 AM

It depends on if you think she's ready for the sex talk...i think you handled it well, but if she's smart, she'll figure out that you weren't honest with her...you may wanna sit her down with your fiance and explain to her what that is and that its only for grown ups who are getting married, and that's how babies are made, etc...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)