Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the weirdest/funniest thing you have done during those late night feedings/changings???

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:56 AM
  • 9 Replies

I was just wondering if you all have any humerous stories of you half asleep nights of taking care of your baby.....

Mine is that I one time went to put on his diaper backwards....only to realize once i went to fasten it that the straps were in the front...lol.

oh then i also one time woke up and i couldn't remember putting him back in his crib....lol. I never got up so fast...lol... but he was asleep in his crib....

got to love sleep deprivation!

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jnick82
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:58 AM

I've woke up nursing and not even realized I had gotten up. I was in the living room with the TV on and baby on boob. That was a little weird

jaycee1124
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:59 AM

I put two diapers on her once...I guess I thought it was a fitted diaper and a cover, but it was two pocket diapers.

My husband used to laugh at me because I'd pat his chest in my sleep if he'd stir at all like I'd pat Roo's back to help her fall asleep.

Patty24momof5
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:02 PM

WELL IVE HAD TONS OF THOSE,LOL!HAD ALL 5 OF MY KIDS UNDER 7 YRS SO HAD 2 ALOT OF TIMES KEEPING ME UP.THE WORST I THINK I EVER DID WAS INSTEAD OF PUTTING FORMULA POWDER IN A BOTTLE I PUT CHOCOLATE MILK MIX,YEAH I LOOKED DOWN AND WAS LIKE WTHELL IS WRONG WITH THIS FORMULA,THEN LOOKED UP AND REALIZED I HAD THE CHOCOLATE MIX.

DEDICATED DOLLS WEIGHT LOSS AND TONING (Just click here on the name to join!)WE HAVE CHALLENGES,WEIGHINS,PICS,MEASUREMENTS,AND DIET TIPS AND INFO!

loomis6
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:14 PM

i use the playtex drop ins i got up to make a bottle in middle of the night and started pouring water into the bottle w/o a liner!water everywhere lol !

amber8804
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:23 PM

wow thats funny. my son used to sleep with me and i would just feed him and wouldnt remember a thing

Quoting Chibi_Kitten:

Well, I didn't exactly wake up one night. I got used to my daughter sleeping through the night, then she got a cold and started waking up three or four times a night.

I woke up one morning feeling great, she slept the whole night through for the first time since she got that damn cold. I told my husband that I was so glad that she slept all night, he just stared and me and said "You don't remember?"

Um.. remember what? Apparently, HE got up with the baby TWICE that night and FED her for me because I was so exhausted that I didn't wake up! Yep, you hear me right. He got up, go the baby, brought her back to our room, attached her to my breast and stayed there holding her till she was done, put her back to bed then came back and put my breast away! ALL WITHOUT ME WAKING UP!!

LOL, yeah, it had been a really really busy day for me and I'd been up half the night, every night, with a sick baby for the whole week!

carmensmommy424
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:26 PM

ONE TIME I MEANT TO THROW HIS CLOTHES IN THE HAMPER AND INSTEAD I THREW THEM IN THE GARBAGE!

MyIrishTwins56
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:37 PM

"This one time at band camp" LOL Anyhow,  I was falling asleep while feeding my ,about 6mo, and accidentally dropped the bottle on her face - twice. Oops!

"Learn to write you hurts in sand and to carve your benefits in stone." - Unknown

MyIrishTwins56
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:40 PM

That takes the cake rolling on floor

Quoting amber8804:

wow thats funny. my son used to sleep with me and i would just feed him and wouldnt remember a thing

Quoting Chibi_Kitten:

Well, I didn't exactly wake up one night. I got used to my daughter sleeping through the night, then she got a cold and started waking up three or four times a night.

I woke up one morning feeling great, she slept the whole night through for the first time since she got that damn cold. I told my husband that I was so glad that she slept all night, he just stared and me and said "You don't remember?"

Um.. remember what? Apparently, HE got up with the baby TWICE that night and FED her for me because I was so exhausted that I didn't wake up! Yep, you hear me right. He got up, go the baby, brought her back to our room, attached her to my breast and stayed there holding her till she was done, put her back to bed then came back and put my breast away! ALL WITHOUT ME WAKING UP!!

LOL, yeah, it had been a really really busy day for me and I'd been up half the night, every night, with a sick baby for the whole week!

"Learn to write you hurts in sand and to carve your benefits in stone." - Unknown

mystifymisty
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:41 PM

while breast feeding i had fallen asleep sitting straight up on the bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)