Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you say or do?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:12 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am getting irritated. This girl that works with me it doesnt end she is like a teenager..First she is cheating on her husband with a married man..for over a year..For some reason she goes on about how she loves this married guy. Now she is crying because he left to move back with his wife! She is sooo...depressed over it...Every day she also complains how sick she is and something new hurts and she is in soo much pain-Her son has missed over 15+ days of school and she seems to care less that he cuts school every day because she is too busy messing around texting people getting drunk and cheating. I feel like telling her something but I feel bad. What is a polite way of telling her I do not want to hear her problems that stem from her own cheating and destructive behaviour?

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
pattisaid
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:17 PM

If anything be real with her. Side with the guy and her husband and let her know she brought it all on herself. When she hears that she just may stop talking to you as you do not agree with her.

Katy_Lentz
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:20 PM

Just tell her that you don't feel comfortable talking about those type of personal issues because you don't agree with the majority of her decisions. OR start giving your actual opinions about how wrong she is-maybe then she'll just stop talking. I would talk to your boss first though! Maybe he/she can say something to her. Good luck

FrugalZenMom
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:23 PM

I would say "I do not like discussing such things in the work place." If she persists I would talk to the boss.

MyIrishTwins56
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:32 PM

Tell her that your personal beliefs won't allow you to give her the advise that she needs and because of this you're not the kind of person that she needs to talk to, and then offer her a card for psychiatrist, or therapist in your local area.

"Learn to write you hurts in sand and to carve your benefits in stone." - Unknown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)