Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:49 PM
  • 18 Replies

l  have been seeing my boyfriend for a month now....not a very long time i know but it seems like we just keep clicking right and left.  he is recently divorced in october and he claims he wants kids and a family and what not. He's damn near the man of my dreams.  he keeps saying things like lets get married...we already tell each other that we love each other..he wants me to move in with him soon

Well  me being my nosey self ...he told me his information to get into his myspace account...of course i investigated.   well it turns out that he wants to meet one of the girls he used to date on december 23rd and take her and her daughter to see christmas lights and take them out to eat and yadada.   he told me that he is going out of town and spending the night in a near by city that night. 

what do you guys think is going on?   i asked him about this girl and of course i got the usual answer   "we are just friends  you have nothing to worry about."    he is a very strong christian,hardworking,helpful ,caring, man  maybe his charm and good looks are throwing me for a loop

any advice comment or questions are appreciated

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:54 PM

I don't know. In my mind if he is serious about you, why does he need to spend time with another woman and her daughter? Plus he lied about it. He said he was going out of town when he really is taking this lady out. I would be very cautious if I were you. Lying is never a good sign.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:55 PM

Sounds like he will be sleeping in someone elses bed that night

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:55 PM

I personally wouldn't be as worried about the fact that he's hanging out with a woman (although I'd still be upset about that), but I'd be MORE upset about the fact that he LIED to you about what he was doing........... I try to take a chill on that man for a while if he doesn't understand why your upset!!!!

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. Psalm 139:13-14

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:00 PM

That sounds a little suspicous.. i dunno maybe he's not ready for something serious..i would be mad that he lied cuz when guys say shes just a friend 90% of the time there more..

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:08 PM

Seriousely, if he's lying to you already after only a month, think of how things will be once he's really comfortable in your relationship. My advice, get out while you still can and don't make any foolish commitments.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:18 PM

well on the 25th we are supposed to be leaving for texas to meet his dad...i bought him 350 dollar ticket to brad paisley for christmas and he was astounded by the fact that i got those for him  usually he get a flashlight and a neck tie.  i know that he bought me a big big gift to  so i think im gonna wait to get that...then confront him about it cause brad paisley isnt until january 16th  and i can sell the tickets if we break up.   i might be heartless in that aspect....but dont tell someone you love them and then say "oh wait..i gotta go out with this other girl first "  thats illegal in dating ILLEGAL!! i wouldnt do that to him

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:50 PM

I think a month is way too soon to be getting so serious. Plus, he's hasn't been divorced for 2 months yet. Be careful not to set yourself up for his rebound relationship.

If you are that interested in him, I suggest to date him casually for at least 6 months before even thinking about living with him.

It can take up to 6 months for the initial infatuation to wear off and begin to see each other for who you really are.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:18 PM

so how much do  you want for those tickets?? LMAO...seriously, why would  you get so serious (?) with someone who is so freshly divorced anyway? all his good qualities aside, its too soon for  him to get serious with anyone, and if he's lied about his real plans this soon...he's not serious about you. i'd take my best girlfriend to that concert, and forget about him.

He's making a list, checking it twice....

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:24 PM

First of all he is divorced, obviously not all divorced people are "bad" at relationships but it should make you wonder what hand in had in ending his marriage.

Second of all he lied to you. If he wasn't cheating why wouldn't he just have told you about his friend? I don't trust guys that lie based on past experiences. Liars always equal cheaters IMO.

Last of all he is freshly divorced. He needs time to heal and he's most likely not ready for another relationship.

boy n girl  Happily married to Erik and proud mommy of Isabella and Camden.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:28 PM

I don't know what to say's been a MONTH. Love needs time and patience to grow. You can't just FALL in love and think it will be easy to STAY in love. I wouldn't be giving my heart to someone that fast if he was JESUS himself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)