Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What the hell is wrong with me!!!!?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:49 PM
  • 35 Replies

I don't know where to start. I am just feeling really depressed, and I'm out of my mind. I feel numb even when I am around my kids, I'm snapping at my husband more, we are barely having sex, I keep forgetting the keys outside of the door (one night someone actually tried to come in, then blamed it on the wrong house, and i still forgot them in the fucking door!!!) I just feel overly tired and drained. I am fat, and I am sick of being fat!!! Sometimes I just want to cry and sleep. I don't have a lot of joy in anything anymore. Even when I am around my two beautiful little girls I have to force myself to look happy. I don't feel like doing mommy things, or being happy, but I force myself to. I also have the stress of possibly getting cancer. I have cervical dysplasia (sp) (pre-cancerous cells)

We have money problems, but we've been stuggling for a couple years and I have never been like this. I have been taking the depo and I am getting off of it, I know the mood swings could be intertwined with this, but this can't be the only reason. I don't know!!!!!!!!

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wilesmomma
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:50 PM

My finals are tomorrow and I am also stressing over that, but that is normal

fl_girl
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:50 PM

i would call your dr.

KBKmykids3
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:52 PM

You should go to the doctor... It could be a side effect of the depo but it helps to check. Could be a type of deppression, thats what it sounds like and maybe you need a med for that. Depression can come and go so maybe you just need a little help right now and then you will be back to yourself. I struggle every now and then and it is a normal thing when you get over-whelmed it can be worse. So my opinion is talk to your doctor and see what he/she says... Good luck momma

Wifey To Him Mommy To Them In Love And Lovin It

Megan711
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:53 PM

hugs im not sure what to tell you mama but here is a bump

SK2B.n.1.plus.3
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:53 PM

I suggest asking your physician what kind of depression medication he suggest.

Gracie1221
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:54 PM

Sounds a lot like what I've been feeling too - I'm sure the stress of the season, the economy, health and concerns about the future -

I suffered from depression before, and it sounds somewhat like that - I guess maybe try to find someone to talk to - Either a therapist or maybe a priest from your church if you go?

This time of year is rough - Like I said - I've been feeling this way, too.  I wish I could find some joy to share and a way to be happy with what we have (which is a lot) and not worry so much about what we don't.

Good luck to you - Hope you feel better and find a way to talk over some of these things.

krazymom2k03
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:55 PM

i agree

Quoting SK2B.n.1.plus.3:

mars33me
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:59 PM

Judging from your avatar you have small children, one looks really small which makes me wonder if it's PPD.  I would definitely talk to a doctor, while things may be causing you to be irritable (exams, money) flying off the handle and feeling numb and forgetful are not normal every day occurrences under the circumstances.  I think you probably need to try a medication to get stabilized.  Hugs, hang in there girl, and when things are bad, don't cry and sleep, talk to someone you care about, secluding yourself isn't good!!

AmNic
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:02 PM

First of all your youngest is only 7months right ( got that from your page) Did you suffer from Post pardon depression. Because I knew people that had it for three years. Everything you explained sounds exactly what i have been going through since i had my son. I felt like I couldn't love anyone not even my new baby who is 5month and I still feel this way some days worst then others. The best thing to do is talk and keep open about it. This will help you come to recognize the signs of when it is hitting you really hard. I would never recomend meds because then you never get over the depression just a quick way to hide from the facts but I understand thats what some people need to do and don't judge them at all for it. (I almost turned to them this time around) I am still fighting with it but am winning I can tell when i look at my kids and can smile and laugh at them again.

MumsTheWord571
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 5:04 PM

I agree

Quoting SK2B.n.1.plus.3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)