Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

to mom's who did co-sleeping...

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:08 PM
  • 6 Replies

HELP! my son is 4 months old and EBF so I had him co-sleep with me so i could get some sleep. But my question is how do i get him to sleep alone in his own bed? I can't even get him to take naps without waking up if i'm not right there the whole time. Any advice would be awesome

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AngelicaRenee
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:17 PM

Sorry I wish I had some advice. My son was the same way. i could not put him down without being next to him or he'd wake up. Finally at 6 months he decided on his OWN that he wanted his own space while sleeping and would start to wake up if I was even in the same room as him. So I don't have a clue. lol. Good luck though!

Deb79
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:24 PM

You just need to break him of the habit before he gets older and it gets worse, I think the younger they are the easier it is for them to get use to sleeping on there own. I co-slept with both of my babies for the same reason as you but the night when my baby fell off the bed onto the floor was the night that I scooped him up nursed him back to sleep and put him in his crib. You bought a crib and spent money on it so you need to break it in.

wilesmomma
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:25 PM

Put him in bed, let him cry for a couple min, go in and comfort him, the next night do it a little longer and repeat until the habbit is broken.

connorsmommy120
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:27 PM

the only thing i can say is start NOW!!! my son is 3yrs old and just started to sleep in his bed. he still ends up in our bed in the middle of the night. but, he has sleep apnea so that has some part in it.

amber8804
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:13 PM

execpt for the apnea my son is the same was he used to sleep with me and now i have my own apt he sleeps and falls asleep by him self but like every other night he makes it to my bed. hes 4 now. i sleep like a rock and i barely know hes there at times till i wake up in the morning

you need to break it now before you wont be able to control it. just let him cry it out. it will be hard at first but it will all work out

Quoting connorsmommy120:

the only thing i can say is start NOW!!! my son is 3yrs old and just started to sleep in his bed. he still ends up in our bed in the middle of the night. but, he has sleep apnea so that has some part in it.

NewMom333
by Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:32 PM

URG!!  I think there wil be no easy way to do this so i guess i will try the crying thing but I am SUCH a softie that i think I am just doomed... thanks everyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)