Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's this on her face? (First time mom)

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:08 PM
  • 9 Replies

my baby girl is a month old and both cheeks are red it feels patchy, and flaky like. Also her skin is peeling and dry i was thinking maybe cradle crap or something idk also i was thinking about trying aveeno baby daily moisture lotion on her face. Does anyone know what it could be or experienced this and if so what did u do about it?

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
TinaNichole
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:08 PM

baby acne?

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

maryinger
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:10 PM

hmmm... is it really cold and dry where you live? i'm wondering if her skin is chapped.... i'd put some aquaphor on it.... and take her to the doc if it doesn't clear up in a day or two.....

mousesmommy81
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:10 PM

My daughter gets really bad dry skin whenever we travel due to climate change and we use aveeno baby for it and it works wonders. I only put it on when I'm holding her so I can keep her hands out of her face

jmdupl
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:17 PM

I'd put baby lotion on it.  if that doesn't seem to work it could be her skin is irritated with something, like the fabric, soap you use etc.  I thought it was just dry skin on my 5 month old and it ended up him being allergic to something.  I had to switch his laundry detergent to a non allergen and he's been great ever since

in lovebusy mombriefcase

*Busy working mom and wife loved by my soulmate and my 5 babies*

portakolis08
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:19 PM

It is normal..it is baby eczema...it wil go away..you can take some olive oil (in a lotion or a tiny amount of reglular oil and gently rub in on there to get rid of the flakes...if and only if she is not pimply...if she is pimply..let that go away first (in time it will) and then try the olive oil for the skin.

Mommyto2g1b

Sounds like it could be eczema.  My son has eczema.  If you would like any info, pm me :)

portakolis08

PS: Aveeno Baby has a lotion with olive oil in it.

Juliannamommie
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:20 PM

bump

soon2bemomof307
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:23 PM

Sounds like baby acne. My son had it at about that age.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)