Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

quick question....

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:46 PM
  • 3 Replies

my daughter had her 2 mo well baby check up today and got a whole slew of shots... i gave her tylenol before the appt and doc said it was ok to give her some more 4 hours later and i did and now its been 5 hours since that second dose and she's really upset crying and clawing at me (she's in my sling, which usually comforts her immediately) anyways my question is- is another dose of tylenol overboard? it's been the appropriate time i just dont want to overmedicate her....

preview image
Carrie: I'm a BFing, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, college educated, military supporting, gay marriage supporting, foreign language teaching, open-minded Mommy!

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KelseyNovy87
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:54 PM

if it's still bothering her, i don't see why you can't give her another dose. i've never had to deal with that though, ds's crankiness from shots is gone in like 10 min. he had is 15 month well-baby check up today and only got one shot, done crying in just a couple min.

Family Ticker Ticker

Family Ticker Ticker

Family Ticker Ticker

Katy_Lentz
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:55 PM

I would take her to the hospital-there is NO reason for her to be in this much pain! She might be having a reaction! Good luck

JazzysWifey
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:00 PM

Quoting KelseyNovy87:

if it's still bothering her, i don't see why you can't give her another dose. i've never had to deal with that though, ds's crankiness from shots is gone in like 10 min. he had is 15 month well-baby check up today and only got one shot, done crying in just a couple min.

that's how it was in the office -she stopped crying immediately after when daddy picked her up so i don't know why she's so upset now, i think she's also a bit tired

preview image
Carrie: I'm a BFing, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, college educated, military supporting, gay marriage supporting, foreign language teaching, open-minded Mommy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)