Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you know what i can do?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:54 PM
  • 4 Replies

My son is 5 months old....he drools and spits up a lot.... i always have to keep a bib on him and usually have to change bibs 3-5 times a day. my dilema is that he is getting a red prickly rash under his chin from what i guess is the wettness....but it is getting worse and feels really rough and looks like it is starting to break the skin. It doesn't seem to bother him but i don't want to wait to get to the point that it bothers him. do any of you know anything i can do to help his skin clear up? my aunt suggest corn starch but i just want to see what ya'll think. oh, the rash is starting to spread to the back of the neck. Thanks for any advice or suggestions!

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kmyree2207
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:56 PM

diaper rash cream at night and vaseline during the day.

If anyone ever needs advice on relationships like marriage, friends, family, or thinking about divorce or you are divorced and need help with your es husband?.....join this new group!!!

www.cafemom.com/group/need_advice
NickyJamesMom
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:02 PM
I put A&D on my DS's chin when he was that young! HTH!

Come Join My Groups!
The Wonderful World of Wicca
I Need To Lose 100 lbs or More
Walmart Addicts
Des Moines Moms Who Need Friends
Younger & Bigger Mommies
Mommies Who Want To Make Friends On CafeMom

I am a Walmart Shopping, Vaccinating, Single, Stay At Home, Wiccan, Bi-Sexual, Disposable Diaper, Spanking, Equality For Everyone, Obama Supporting Mama!

ANGIE409
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:02 AM

Are you sure the rash is wettness related?  The fact that it is spreading to the back of the neck makes me think it might be an allergic reaction.  Have you started any new foods lately?  New formula or detergent?  Mine had a reaction to Gerber Puffs that was similar to what you're describing.  You might want to mention it to your doctor...just in case.

8firsttimemom8
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 2:06 PM

I am going thursday to the doctors...he's always had the rash since he started drooling but now it is just getting angry looking....the only thing that has changed is that we got  a area rug from walmart for him to practice crawling on since the hard wood is too cold and blankets slip. but there is no rash any where else on him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)