Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newborn Question .

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:04 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hello all moms, my newborn is 7 weeks today, and he has this rush on his left cheek for a few day now, and it look red, rounded. It's also sprat around, do any of you know what that is? I am not too sure that is a rush, cuz it look rounded, like a ring. Please help, he has a doctor apt till next month. many thanks~kids stocking

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Iluvjandkplus8
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:16 PM

Newborns have very sensitive skin, especially this time of year. It is probably just eczema (sp). Make sure you are using a sensitive skin bath wash (I use Dove) and a good lotion. My pediatrition recommended Lubriderm.

Lindsay

entrknmom602
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:20 PM

There is always some kind of funny newborn stuff like baby acne and what not..I would try not to worry about it unless it seems to be bothering him.embarrassed

Nenasam
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:22 PM

Ok, that make me feel better, he isn't the only baby whom got those. Thanks laddie!

Littlebaer
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:25 PM

sounds like your babys cheeks are chapped. don't worry its nothing serious. with my son i put baby oil on his cheeks he used to get that all the time. it works! hope that helps!

Nenasam
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:52 PM

Thanks, I'll put some baby oils on him when he's awake.

Quoting Littlebaer:

sounds like your babys cheeks are chapped. don't worry its nothing serious. with my son i put baby oil on his cheeks he used to get that all the time. it works! hope that helps!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)