Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why do they fight so much? any advice?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:34 PM
  • 2 Replies

i have a DS 7 yrs and DD 5 yrs, every single day it is the same thing: all happy after i pick them up at school, we walk home (everyone's in a good mood) but as soon as they step in the garage it seems the fighting starts instantly! they pick at each other, just annoying stupid stuff. I'm so tired of this, they fight all night (like every other 10 minutes).

they did this last year when we homeschooled so we thought it was because they were together too much, but i guess that's not the issue cuz it's still happening, idk what to do!

to top it off anytime we ask them to do something it's the poor me attitude. i am sooooo tired of it all. any suggestions on either issue?

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Lanie_momofone
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:37 PM

Well 7 yr old and a 5 yr old..even though only two years apart..still have alot of things that they like to do differently..is there any way that you can have the 7 yr old, have friends over? OR give them each something to do that they both are interested in , either together or seperatly? Good Luck!

amandad0225
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:42 PM

Me and my sister are 18 months apart and we fought a lot.  Especially when we were younger.  Once we started getting our own friends and going places separate than it got a little better.  Our problem was that we were trying to fight our personalities and show everybody there is two of us.  We were always referred to as the girls and that made us very upset.  It gets better with age, but until then maybe one on one interaction with each of them?  As for the not doing anything ask them a couple times and if they still wont do it tell them if you dont then this is whats going to happen.  like when my daughter starts throwing fits and everything we tell her to stop.  If she continues we tell her she is going to loose her tv privileges for the night.  She usually stops only took a couple of times before she realize it was going to loose it.  She was pushing her boundaries for one because of her age and for two daddy just came home from basic and tech so she was trying to see how far she can get away with him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)