Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

similac advance w/early shield vs similac advance..HELP?!

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:53 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok my daughter is on similac advance w/early shield(i think its pretty new) BUT shes almost out and i cant go to the store tonight. I do have an extra can of just the regular similac advance... my question is, is there really much diffrence? there both similac advance.......i wanna be able to give her the advance.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jillbailey26
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:56 PM

You should be okay, the only variation is that they revised the formula to make it as close to breastmilk as they can get.  A couple bottles shouldn't hurt her.  Go when you can though to get her back to her regular formula.

~Jill~

norbert
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:54 PM

She should be fine since both are similac advanced.   I doubt the difference is huge between the two. Look at both cans and compare the ingrediants I bet they are almost the same.  Since it's probably only for a few bottles I wouldn't worry about it.

cristie1276
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:42 PM

No big thing.  I use the Similac advance with Early shield daily, but I have travel packs of regular similac advance for when we are out and about.  Mind you, though, that I don't switch back and forth every day.  Anyhow...she has never had a bad effect from one or two bottles of regular advance formula. 

beautifulxoxo
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:09 PM

i dont know if this will help, but i work in a grocery store and i was looking at the new similac advanced w/ early shield. i'm pretty sure it's the same thing. from what i understand, the early shield is just to help the immune system more. you shouldn't have any problems from just a few bottles. if you are that worried about switching for one night you can always call the doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)