Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sty in the Eye

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

My baby who is 15 months old has a sty I think and I don't know what to do any help?

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
texm0m0f4
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:39 PM

I have a sty that acts up every now and again. Its a flamed tear duct. I use a cold wash rag or ice pack. I dont know how well that would work, because my baby would not let me put a icepack on his eye..lol.. I also use eye drops. Maybe you should speak with her doctor they might be able to help you. Otherwise I would use eye drops... I hope that helps.

I'm PRO CHOICE,SAHM, NO CIO, Bottle using, vaxing, public school, non-spanking, circumcising, front facing carseat, junk food eating, debt free, gun using, NOT VOTING, Smoking SORTA MOM..I don't support the war..Its just who I am.. Get over it...
Burton4
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 8:58 AM

I heard that alternating a cold and warm compress (wet rag)  on the sty would bring it down. that should help until you can get drops.

kelly371
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 9:02 AM

Make a cup of hot tea.  Let the tea bag cool off a bit (so it is just warm)  Put it on his eye for a few minutes.  It will be gone the next day.

jamielv81
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 9:19 AM

My son gets them every once in a while. Use the tea bag (its more pleasent than a cold rag on the face) and also pay attention to the eye and if there is ever a discharge use eye drops and flush it out a few times. DO NOT TRY AND SQUEEZ OR PUSH on it. You could make it worse or make it last longer.

Quoting kelly371:

Make a cup of hot tea.  Let the tea bag cool off a bit (so it is just warm)  Put it on his eye for a few minutes.  It will be gone the next day.

AllySavannah
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 10:48 AM

I know there is this ointment called STY but I don't know if it would be suitable for a baby.  I know it works and its gone in like a day but I would ask Ped before using it.

MamaTT68
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 11:48 AM

My 9 yr. old daughter just had a sty and I have to say,it was the WORST sty that I have ever seen.Her I was swollen and extremely red and painful.Of course anyone that has ever had a sty know's they don't feel good.Anytime I've ever had one it's been more aggrevating than anything.Anyway,the nurse told us to KEEP a WARM rag on the eye,so we did and the next day it was already getting better.So try a warm rag and as soon as it start's to cool off,re-warm it.

good

tt042868@hotmail.com     From:Kentucky

mstngcobrasvt98
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 11:50 AM

i would personaly see what your doc says before doing anyhting, but usually a warm rag. i would talk to the ped. and see what they would say to do, an infant is different with a sty, they might not be able to sit long enough to keep a warm rag on, or it might just bother them, they might have something diff. for you to try.

hotmom40ish
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 1:16 AM

Hi meryclaire

I would call the doc and see what they say. I don't know how you would handle a sty with a baby. Sorry!

Merry Christmas

Rebecca

rebecca_tal4
by Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 1:23 AM

i agree with these two.... if it gets red around it or any bigger call the dr

Quoting jamielv81:

My son gets them every once in a while. Use the tea bag (its more pleasent than a cold rag on the face) and also pay attention to the eye and if there is ever a discharge use eye drops and flush it out a few times. DO NOT TRY AND SQUEEZ OR PUSH on it. You could make it worse or make it last longer.

Quoting kelly371:

momintraining02
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 1:25 AM

That is what I do when I get them---so far it is the only thing that works for me!!!!

Quoting Burton4:

I heard that alternating a cold and warm compress (wet rag)  on the sty would bring it down. that should help until you can get drops.

I am earning from home and can help you do the same!!  Mom to Taylor and Alaina and married to my best friend!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)