Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else not think this is funny

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:53 AM
  • 35 Replies

I went grocery shopping yesterday with my DD.  We got home about 3:00 and DD had fallen asleep in the car.  I carried her into her room and as I'm walking back down the hallway I notice all the pictures in the halway had been taken down and were rehung sideways.  I'm thinking ok this is strange but maybe DH knocked them down and just put them back up in a hurry.  Then I walk out to the living room and all the presents that were under the tree are stacked on top of our piano.  Then I notice all the pictures of DD I have hung up are all rehung sideways.  So of course I start freaking out because I know noone has a key to my house or knows where the outside key is.  I call DH and he asks if anything is missing.  So while DD is asleep in her bed I'm going through the house checking to make sure no one is inside and that nothing is missing.  Come to find out my SIL who lives 2 hrs away was in town and knew where the spare key was and thought it would be funny.  So of course now that DH knows it's his sister he thinks its funny.  When SIL calls he laughs about it but tells her she freaked me out but then he tells her"you know how she is" and "she'll get over it". 

So am I the only one who does not think this is funny?  That it's not funny that I came home by myself with my child to find out someone had been in my home.  That someone touched and moved my stuff.  Plus, DD just got  a kitten for Christmas.  Since they didn't bother to call and tell us they were going into our home they didnt know about the kitten.  What if they had let the kitten out.  DD would have be devastated.   Would anyone else have been freaked out and  upset about this?

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Callie-bishop
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:55 AM

that's funny. Yeah i'd be scared at first too, but once i found out who it was (SIL) I would laugh.

MikeysMom51108
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:57 AM

I would have been extremely freaked out. Then, I probably would have been pissed for a minute or two once I found out who it was. After that, it would have been hilarious. It was a joke--take it as such. Nothing bad happened.

mamabear421
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:57 AM

I would have been scared to but when I found out it was SIL I would calm down and laughed, she didnt mean any harm but yeah I know.

LovingMyLoves
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:01 AM

I see where you're coming from.. I would of been freaked too.. But i have to agree with the others.. once I found out that it was a joke done by my SIL.. i'd think it was funny!

Patty24momof5
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:02 AM

IDK I THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY,BUT THATS BECAUSE THATS HOW MY DAD ALWAYS DOES,LOL!WHEN SOMEONE ISNT HOME HE DOESNT GO IN ,BUT HE PILES ANYTHING HE CAN FIND IN THERE YARD IN FRONT OF THE DOOR.ONE TIME HE SAW MY UNCLES CAR AT THE GROCERY,UNLOCKED SO HE GOT IN TURNED ON THE WIPERS,BLASTED THE RADIO,ETC THEN MOVED IT ,SO WHEN HE FINALLY FOUND IT HE STARTED IT AND IT SCARED THE HELL OUT OF HIM,IT WAS FUNNY!!!!

DEDICATED DOLLS WEIGHT LOSS AND TONING (Just click here on the name to join!)WE HAVE CHALLENGES,WEIGHINS,PICS,MEASUREMENTS,AND DIET TIPS AND INFO!

Whitney2207
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:04 AM

I wouldn't be pissed I guess maybe cuz as soon as I seen it I would have known it was a joke I wouldn't have assumed someone broke into my house just to turn my pictures sideways

Free Blinkies
MySpace LayoutsMySpace LayoutsMySpace LayoutsMySpace LayoutsMySpace LayoutsMySpace LayoutsMySpace LayoutsMySpace LayoutsMySpace LayoutsMySpace LayoutsMySpace Layouts
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
happymom_0307
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:09 AM

That sounds like something me and my friends would do...lol.    I would think if someone broke into my house, they would take the gifts with them and not stack them on the piano, so I would have known something was up. 

LucindasMama
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:09 AM

I would be most upset about the "you know how she is" comment.  Maybe this is what is really upsetting you?

I think the rest of it is pretty funny, even though I would be annoyed that I would have to eventually put it all back!

myrtlebeach
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:10 AM

No it is not funny at all

livewell
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:11 AM
I think I would flip out!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)