Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm sick and have a fever 6 days after giving birth

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:06 AM
  • 6 Replies

I gave birth 6 days ago, last Wednesday December 10 at 5:48pm...i didnt tear but a cm on the outside, i tore two holes up inside me on the vaginal wall when i was pushing her head down into the pelvis..and had to be stitched up pretty good..and yesterday i was really sore up inside me..when i woke up this morning, i felt really sick..my whole body aches, my heads a mess, im coughing, and i have a 100.6 fever as well...i keep thinking im coming down with something and keeping from the baby as much as possible..does anyone have advise or had went through this?

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
pam228
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:10 AM

you should call your dr. as soon as they open. it could be an infection.

Patty24momof5
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:10 AM

ID GO TO THE DOCTOR JUST IN CASE,I ALWAYS GOT A FEVER A FEW HRS AFTER DELIVERING,VAG OR CSECTION,MY FIRST WAS MY ONLY VAG DELIVERY AND I TORE AS FAR AS POSSIBLE,SO WAS TOTALLY STITCHED UP,BUT I KNOW EACH TIME I COULDNT GO HOME TIL MY FEVER WAS GONE,ITS NOT GOOD,SO YEAH ID MAKE SURE OF WHAT IT IS,IF ITS SOMETHING YOUR COMING DOWN WITH OR INFECTION FROM DELIVERY.

DEDICATED DOLLS WEIGHT LOSS AND TONING (Just click here on the name to join!)WE HAVE CHALLENGES,WEIGHINS,PICS,MEASUREMENTS,AND DIET TIPS AND INFO!

momtoabackc
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:29 AM

You could just be coming down with something.  A lot goes around this time of year.  But I wouldn't assume that if I were you.  I would call the dr when they open.

norbert
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:40 AM

Please call your doctor.  I ended up with an infection in my c-section incision after I had my daughter.  I too though I just had a cold and almost died because I waited.  It could just be a virus or something but you never know.  Go and see your doc to make sure better safe then sorry.

kiblnk
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:55 AM

a few days after i got out of the hospital i ended up going back... turns out i had an infection from instruments that were used during delivery.

luv-u-jmm
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:59 AM

Definitely get into the docs office! It could simply be a virus coming on....but it also very well could be an infection!! My husband had an infection in his incision after an appendectomy....he was cold, feverish and sick.....thankfully we got him in ASAP or he would not have made it!

Good Luck and Congrats on your  new baby!!!

I am a vaccinating, spanking, out-spokenyoung, fitness loving mother of three beautiful hyper kids...I am a very lucky and blessed wife to Joshua.....My family IS my world..

family in the van

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)