Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Santa Question??

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:20 AM
  • 9 Replies

At waht age would you stop with the Santa thing??

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JessaD
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:26 AM

My parents still do the Santa thing and I'm 28 yrs old.

thehairnazi
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:38 AM

good answer!

Quoting JessaD:

My parents still do the Santa thing and I'm 28 yrs old.

He's making a list, checking it twice....

norbert
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:55 AM

Never, my parents still do Santa with my brother and I as well as the Easter bunny lol.

mommybug77
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:56 AM

Never

Xx_Andrea_Xx
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:58 AM

WHAT DO YOU MEAN " STOP WITH THE SANTA THING "< keep it going as long as you can

wreath

DaniJones86
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:58 AM

As long as I have a kid that still believes... right now they are young so as long as one of them believes it will keep going on, and the one that doesn't believe will have to play along. Once they stop believing I will still 'hide' presents from them and put the big ones up AFTER they are sleeping on Christmas eve, but they will know it was from mommy and daddy

Group Owner Breastfeeding Uncensored

No I didn't, and NO I won't

jaycee1124
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Ummm...probably never, but not the same as some people.

Growing up Santa was never a huge deal and thats how it will be for Roo too. "Santa" filled our stockings with small fun toys (not the expensive small stuff!) and gave us one or a couple other toys. (sometimes the big expensive stuff, sometimes not) It was not the focus by any means and there was no "Santa is watching you" or "If you don't be good Santa won't come" threats.

My mom still does stockings and when we say thank you she gets a cheesy little grin and says "what? its from santa!" and we all smile and laugh. Santa now only does stockings in her home since all of the kids are old enough to know the truth. Thats likely what we'll do too.

We will never encourage Roo to believe in Santa or tell her that he is real if she asks...it will always just be a fun little "game" on Christmas and once she asks about the truth we'll tell her and encourage her to keep up the game for younger cousins.

katelynsmom22
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:04 AM

my parents quit the santa thing when i started wrapping presents for them, but SOs parents still put from santa on one present everyone gets

mamabear421
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:38 AM

Just wondering, they dont believe anymore so I was wondering everyones thoughts on the subject. THANKS!!!!  MERRY CHRISTMAS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)