Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Sad

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:47 AM
  • 5 Replies

My SO works with a really sweet guy named Ramon here in Phoenix. He found out yesterday his only daughter was murdered in Kansas where she lives with her mom. We haven't been able to talk to him but are worried when he left for Kansas he was going out for blood. (My SO said he would if it was one of his daughters) Please keep this family in your prayers. I couldn't imagine losing one of my children especially around Christmas.

Garden City police find teen's body in trash bin

GARDEN CITY - Police are investigating the apparent homicide of a 16-year-old girl who was found in a trash bin Tuesday morning.

Police found the body of Julia Quintana, of Deerfield, about 9 a.m. in a trash bin in the alley behind 1009 N. Fourth St.

Quintana's family reported her missing to the Kearny County Sheriff's Department on Sunday and also contacted the Garden City Police Department with possible whereabouts of the girl.

Garden City Police Capt. Mike Utz said police received a tip to check the trash bin Tuesday. Police were still in the process of completing a search warrant at that address Tuesday evening.

Utz said he did not have enough information to speculate on the cause of death, but police are investigating it as a homicide. An autopsy has been scheduled in Wichita.

Police have not made any arrests in the case, Utz said, as investigators follow up on "probably about 100 different leads and interviews that we're pursuing."

The Kansas Bureau of Investigation is assisting in the case, as is the Finney County Sheriff's Department and Kansas Highway Patrol.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Garden City Police Department at (620) 276-1300 or Crime Stoppers at (620) 275-7807.

By The News staff

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rphmommy08
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:49 AM

sad

Sassy_n_cool_24
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:52 AM

How sad!  You know sometimes in the heat of the moment people say things they don't mean. Let's hope, and pray for his wife, and other child/ren that this is one of those times.

Kim139
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:57 AM

I am so sorry to hear that... I will be praying for him and his family.... thanks for sharing the story, I hope they catch who ever did this and put him away forever...

girlygirl320
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:01 AM

this made me sick to my stomach--who could do this?

my thoughts are with the family of this poor girl.

mamabear421
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:03 AM

IM SO SORRY!! PRAYERS TO YOU< AND HUGS, You need it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)