Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please pray for my family

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:47 AM
  • 9 Replies

Here I am, sitting here wandering what I'm going to do. I'm not asking for anything, I just need to vent. My husband and I were both layed off a couple months ago. He tried to get a job. The place he tried made him go through a temp agency before they would hire him. Well they had him work 3 days then they decided they weren't going to hire him.  That knocked him off of his unemployment, now they don't know if they are going to let him back on. Anyway we are living on my unemployment, we are behind on everything right now and I haven't even been able to go Christmas shopping yet. ( I have 3 kids) I get my money on Christmas eve, So it will be a mad dash to the stores on that day. I'm so depressed, I'm having a hard time sleeping and everything. Please pray for us, something good has to happen. I mean Christmas is all about miracles right? Well I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sweetgrass68
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:53 AM

I hope things work out for you. I know how you feel the same thing happen to me last christmas. And as a mom with 3 girls i was out of my mind. Dont worry things have a way of working out. You will see!!! take a deap breath and relax if you can, Hope your christmas  is a happy one. I will pray for a wonderful christmas for you and your family!!!

robe739
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:54 AM

You & your family are in my prayers mama!

praying

tiffanysgirls
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:58 AM
You should contact your local Salvation Army. If you are unable to get gifts for your children they can sometimes help. I was also laid off 2 weeks before christmas. It sucks out there. Keep your head up, momma. You still have 3 beautiful children who know you love them! We did go to Good Will and found stuffed animals and play jewlery for stocking stuffers. All of the stuff we got looks brand new ;)
Erieshore
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:02 PM

I totally relate to your situation and will send prayers to your home.  I have family members in the same situation... I truly hope things turn around soon for us all.  lol Melodyhugs

grit
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:03 PM

i will pray for you and your family and yes miracles ar prayinghappened

busymom3kids3
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:18 PM

I am praying for you!  i to do not have extra money for christmas this year, but i got a tax refund last year and put away money for this christmas.  it was a life savor.  i don't think i will get a refund this year, so i will be saving all year this coming year.

britishnanny
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:51 PM

This economy is really bad, your story is repeated across the country in thousands of homes, even my brother in the UK is loosing his job, I am not sure what people are supposed to do. I have a friend who's wife died 4 years ago leaving him with 5 kids, he lost his job a year ago, can find nothing and his unemployment is about to run out, no more extensions. I am in foreclosure and filing bankruptcy, no presents for anyone this year. I am just trying to stay positive, I am thankful for my kids (my friend lost her only son last year) and I am hoping that things will get better for everyone soon. Presents this Christmas take a back seat in my list of important things this year, I am healthy, my kids too, even in really rough times we can find things to be thankful for.........................at the same time, I wake up at night too worrying about everything, wondering what the heck to do, it is not always easy but we will get through this and you have to believe that.

Then there are people like my parents, they send a card, no gift, complain that their investments fell in value and hopped on a month long cruise in the Mediterranean. Hmmmmmm, am I supposed to feel bad I wonder. Have a nice Christmas, do what you can, make up for it next year, it will be better!!!!!!

wilesmomma
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:58 PM

praying

tmdmc1
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:18 PM

Thank you everyone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)