Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help.....marriage

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:55 AM
  • 14 Replies

I need advice on how I can spice up my marriage. My dh and I are not as in love as before we are married. We got married not too long ago, but we do have 2 kids under 2. What do you guys do to keep the spice in the marriage. I want to help it, but i don't know what i can do to help. Its depressing. Advice to help save it.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chamelinmom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:58 AM

20 people looked and no one has any advice

amyaNdezzysMom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:58 AM

maybe getting a baby sitter and going out just the two of u a few times a month

chamelinmom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:01 PM

The only thing is we moved here 3 months ago and dont know anyone, and familys 3 hours away

Quoting amyaNdezzysMom:

chamelinmom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:02 PM

how do you find a sitter

tiffanysgirls
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:02 PM
We try to go out alone together about once a week. And...we bought a bunch of toys! If you haven't....I highly suggest it ;)
amyaNdezzysMom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:03 PM

so maybe do a weekendthing find a family member tha would be willig to watch your kids for the weekend and spend time just you and him and try to figure out what you guys need to do to make things   good luck hope it works  out

Quoting chamelinmom:

The only thing is we moved here 3 months ago and dont know anyone, and familys 3 hours away

Quoting amyaNdezzysMom:

michelle_04

since you don't have a sitter...try and find one. go on date nights. me and my hubby do....you don't even have to go to a restaurant or movies....my hubby's fav thing to do when we get a night away from the kids to go to parking and make out,lol

merry christmas holding ornaments

timbysmommy

Try having a romantic dinner once the kids are already in bed. Or just cuddling together and watching a movie.

michelle_04
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:04 PM

choked on the cookie i was eating when i read this one,lol...

Quoting tiffanysgirls:

We try to go out alone together about once a week. And...we bought a bunch of toys! If you haven't....I highly suggest it ;)

merry christmas holding ornaments

lcbowman
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:04 PM

I personally think one of the best things you can do for any marriage is have a date night.  Once a week is great but if you can only manage every other week or even once a month that is better than none.  And yes I mean DATE.  Hire a babysitter or trade sitter services with a friend.  Get dressed up, put on make-up and perfume.  Go on a DATE.  It does not have to be something expensive just something for just the two of you.  This gives you time to reconnect with each other and see each other as male and female rather than as mom and dad.  We try to not talk about the kids on date night.  It is not always easy and sometimes that rule is broken but we really try to just focus on each other.  If you can't arrange to go out on a date, put the kids to bed early one night, still get dressed up and fixed up, eat a nice dinner together (after the kids are in bed), watch a movie together or play a game together.  Again try not to be mom and dad.  You will be surprised at what a difference this small thing can make in your relationship.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)