Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so irritating!!!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:00 PM
  • 7 Replies

so heres the deal...im divorced and i am currently trying to be friends with my ex husband....i have a surgery coming up and its a different city about 2 hours away and at the moment my family isnt able to take me so my ex husband has offered to take me there the day before, be there with me in the hospital ( i hate being alone in the hospital) and hes going to take me home and then take our son back with him and have him for a couple of weeks while i recouperate....my whole family and some friends are totally against this and its soooo freaking irritating...they are against us being friends and him helping me when they wont except my grandma who will be watching my kids but my parents arent so who is supposed to take me over there....im getting my hip replaced so im not going to be able to drive......

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tiffanysgirls
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:03 PM
As long as he isn't abusive then...i think it is AWESOME you guys are friendly toward one another. The rest of your family can eat beans ;) I grew up in a divorced home and I wish my parents were like you guys. But, they aren't and they continue to make my life miserable (and I am pushing 30 yrs old!). I had to have seperate baby showers, birthdays, christmas parties, ect because they coudlnt grow up. Good luck on the surgery.
Bamaborn
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:04 PM

He sounds like a good man. I would tell them to just deal with it.. you got it handled. Its obvious he loves his child enough to take care of his childs mother when no one else will step up.. I give him great points for that and I hope you recover soon mama :)

~kelly

heartsandskulls
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:04 PM

if he is the only person able to take you...ignore what everyone else is saying. At least your able to be civil and have the possiblity of being friends with him. Is there a particular reason they are aganist you guys being friends?

kmyree2207
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:06 PM

thats exactly why i want to be friends....we have  has a really bad past and there was emotional abuse on both our ends but we are trying to get past that so we can be friends for the children....but it will be hard because he lives in western oregon and i live in eastern oregon but we talk on the phone all the time and text all day long sometimes...so im hoping that we will be able to be friends. i think that the surgery will be the test.

Quoting tifftanysgirls:

As long as he isn't abusive then...i think it is AWESOME you guys are friendly toward one another. The rest of your family can eat beans ;) I grew up in a divorced home and I wish my parents were like you guys. But, they aren't and they continue to make my life miserable (and I am pushing 30 yrs old!). I had to have seperate baby showers, birthdays, christmas parties, ect because they coudlnt grow up. Good luck on the surgery.

misamores96
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:06 PM

Focus on what you need to get ready such as your kids stuff,clothes,toys etc. If he is the only one able to help you then take the help. Who better then your ex to help you. If you trust him and feel comfortable with him helping you. Stop worrying about everyone's comments. The relationship between you and your ex is your business nobody else.

Good luck

kmyree2207
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:07 PM

because i was young and dumb and would tell me parents about our fights and only abotu what he did and not what i did so they ended up hating him.....

Quoting heartsandskulls:

if he is the only person able to take you...ignore what everyone else is saying. At least your able to be civil and have the possiblity of being friends with him. Is there a particular reason they are aganist you guys being friends?

ganfield_c
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:08 PM

so why is it family is pissed when you cant get along with your ex and then apparently pissed if you can be adult enough to get along?  i say good for you guys that you can put aside your differences and he can help you out.

twin girls  expecting baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)