Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help with a sore shoulder

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

my shoulder has been hurtin super bad latley... it has been hurting for about 2 years but latley its BAD!!! i have used sooo much bengay cream and pain pills and they only  help a bit... i am going to the doc in  january but any ideas to alst till then?

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Erieshore
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:22 PM

You have to wait till January?  Have you tried hot soaks on it?  Good Luckfeel better

meandmylilsis
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:24 PM

um I really dont have anything to suggest.. try alternating ice and heat on it. I had the same problem for over 3 years and ended up having to get a cortizone shot in my shoulder and it still hurts every once in a while.

:) SMILE JESUS LOVES YOU!! :)
thegoodmommy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:45 PM

thanks... it usually hurts when i try to pull up my pants or sleep or pick up a baby,, i think its my rotator cup..... 

wilesmomma
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:50 PM

Quoting meandmylilsis:

um I really dont have anything to suggest.. try alternating ice and heat on it. I had the same problem for over 3 years and ended up having to get a cortizone shot in my shoulder and it still hurts every once in a while.

idahospaz
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Always sit and stand with your palm faced outward, not inward.  Or, immobilize it with a sling, again, with the palm up.  I don't know why it works, but my mom learned about it from her physical therapist and shared it with me.

Try pressing gently on the front of the shoulder to alleviate impingement.  Don't sleep with your arm extended upward, like under your pillow.  Sleep with it parallel to your body to at least the elbow, and if you turn your arm out at the elbow, keep your palm up.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)