Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cookies for santa

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:12 PM
  • 11 Replies

since Katelyn is getting older, I decided I wanted to start some traditions this year....one of them being making cookies for santa(after DH said something,i realized it might have been a little early for SANTA cookies, so we'll be doing this again..lol)...So i enlisted her help in making the dough and in using cookie cutters...she was SUCH a big help! and we both had a lot of fun!! here are some pics:

and ther finished product!!

edited: she didnt decorate them..that is all mommy...but she DID help cut them out...

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mammak
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:13 PM

they came out great!

YoungMarineWife
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:14 PM

those are amazing pictures!!! the cookies look delicious!!!! Our daughter Katelyn who is 2 helped me with cookies this year too!!! She loved it, but they didn't turn out that great...I think I put in to much flour hahaha!!!

Great pictures!!!! I hope your saving them for her baby book!!!!

ksinclair
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:16 PM

How much fun!  Don't forget to leave carrots with the cookies for the reindeer!!!

LoveMyBugs
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:16 PM

How old is your DD? My girls are 3 (almost 4) and 20 months. We're doing cookies this year for Santa - I cannot wait! I've never let them help me in the kitchen before but I wanted to start this tradition with them too. Growing up my Mom would just buy cookies to put out and my Step-Dad would be eating them before we even went to bed! You're cookies turned out great BTW! Wonderful job, proved Hubby wrong, LOL.

proudaf.gifww-onenation.gif picture by preemiemommypinky_joyfamilya1.gif picture by preemiemommycauseit-blink.gif picture by preemiemommythmomtoprincess.gif picture by preemiemommyththsaisso.gif picture by preemiemommy

portakolis08
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:18 PM

Those are wonderful! Picture number 3 is too cute..Little Miss Messy Face!!toddler girl

selina20
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:34 PM

that looks great. i want to do that with my daughter when she ges older. how old is the baby? my daughter amelia is a year.

pattimarie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Great pics and cookies!  What icing did you use?

Patti Marie
carmelprincess8
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:43 PM

The cookies look great I can't wait to Michael gets old enough to do that

comptonkids
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:22 PM

she just turned 21 months(2 in march)

and for the other poster, the icing i used., for the little details, i used the writing icing(comes in a box with 4 colors) for the rest i used betty crocker cookie icing

Quoting LoveMyBugs:

How old is your DD? My girls are 3 (almost 4) and 20 months. We're doing cookies this year for Santa - I cannot wait! I've never let them help me in the kitchen before but I wanted to start this tradition with them too. Growing up my Mom would just buy cookies to put out and my Step-Dad would be eating them before we even went to bed! You're cookies turned out great BTW! Wonderful job, proved Hubby wrong, LOL.

Katy_Lentz
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:25 PM

Oh goodness-she is so darn cute!!! Our family aren't going to teach Santa, BUT we will make cookies every year:) They look awesome!!! Happy Holidays:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)