Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help. letting dd stay over night

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:13 PM
  • 7 Replies

we are letting our 16 month old dd stay over night at my parents for the 1st time. we are planning on taking her saturday and if she does well we will pick her up on monday morning.   we are needing to know how to help her with this. she hasnt been away from us over night since they released her from the nicu when she was 3 days old.  we are planning on taking her high chair, some of her toys and her blankets.  i know she will do well while shes playing but its bedtime we are worried about.  any advice will be greatly appreciated

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ben127
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:15 PM

Make sure they have food and it should be ok. my son stayed over for the first time at 9 months and then at a year. it was awesome. and he loved it.

Carolbrady100
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:15 PM

Relax Mamma, she'll be fine! Enjoy your break!

jnick82
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Make sure your parents know her bedtime routine ie bath binky rocking whatever it may be and relax and enjoy what I'm guessing is really the first alone time you've had with DH in 16 months. I'm sure if she can't handle it your parents will call you but you may be surprised at how well she actually does.

happyJennifer

mommy_holly
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:16 PM

I think if she is with your parents for a night or two that is great! 

My oldest daughter was about the same age for her first overnight with my parents.  She is super close the them and she has her own routine with them. 

As long as they make her feel comfortable she should be fine,  a relationship with your grandparents is very healthy and is a good thing!

come to think of it, this post has made me realize I have not had a fun adult night out in almost 6 months......time to call grandma, lol!

Free Blinkies
Free Blinkies
Free BlinkiesFree Blinkies

newmommyhjm
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:19 PM

I wish you all the best... I don't really have any advice... I have never left my dd even during the day with anyone... but she's not even 9 mos yet! ;0)

*Heather*...
I am a creative Christian who loves life... I am a hardworking, book-reading, intelligent student... I am a sweaty, competitive athlete... I am a wife who always kisses him goodnight... I am a mommy who loves her daughter more than life itself... all of this, mixed with a little imperfection, messiness and love is ME!
"The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up" -Paul Valery

taz1993
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:21 PM

thanks. i hope so.  we are planning on going to the comedy club in birmingham with some friends.  dh's  bday is on the 30th and we have a friend thats bday is the 28th, the friend for free tickets for his bday.  we are looking forward to it.  i told my parents that i probably should have let her start staying there sooner.  but it took us 14 yrs to have her so it took me awhile to let her go over night. 

Quoting Carolbrady100:

Relax Mamma, she'll be fine! Enjoy your break!

taz1993
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:40 PM

thanks for all of the advice.  i am really nervous about leaving her over night, but she'll be with my parents, my 2 sisters and my neices and nephew.  i know she'll be okay.  dh is more worried about how we're gonna handle it than her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)