Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wishful thinking?? or something possible

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:27 PM
  • 4 Replies

how hard would it be to go back to school with 3 kids?

after this baby is born (may long ways i know) i have all intentions of going back to school. i need a skill or trade so im looking into the tech colleges in my area. Now if i were to go to school during the day and work part time nights (my so will be working full time days) is it possible to make it through without overdoing myself?

i really need to go back to school and i keep putting it off, but since the new yr is comeing up, this is my resolution. I want to better myself for my kids and get away from waiting tables as a full time job (i love doing it, it just doesnt pay the bills like it used to)... im looking into something in the medical field..

pregnancy calendar

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:32 PM

I am a single mother of 2 with a baby coming in January I work full time and attend school full time. It's hard there are alot of sleepless nights and alot of guilty feelings but I know mentally in the end I am providing a better future for my children. My classes start up again Jan 22 and my C sect is Jan 26th So I will be going back to school 2 weeks after having my C-sect and that sucks but it's what I know I have to do

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:18 PM

I think it is all about scheduling your time. If you think you can schedule your time so you can work, go to school and be a mother...Good for you. Plus, there are on line classes now and hybrid classes which are 1/2 on line and 1/2 in the class room. So then you can have your kids even more if you wanted. Just the negative side of those is that you need to teach the subject pretty much to yourself and you need to do all or most of the work yourself. I think you'll be fine if this is what you want to do. If you have the drive you can do it.

by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:07 PM

I have three kids and just found out that I am pregnant again.  I am a full time student.  Two of my kids are in school and one stays home with me.  The college that I attend offers online classes so I do all of my work from home.  When I had two kids I attended classes.  It is a lot of hard work.  You just ahve to get into a schedule.  Once you figure out what works best for you it is a lot easier.  Good luck.  I think it is great that you want to go back.

by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:15 PM

I really dont know. It VERY hard right now for me and Im a SAHM of one with another due in Feb. I scraped by in my classes last semester.

One thing you may look into is an accelerated program. There are places like American Medical Careers and Ross that have 16 week or more programs where you have to be there from 8 AM to 5 PM Mon-Fri. This isnt an option for me b/c Im not going into the medical field but my friend did this. She is a SINGLE mom of 3. She quit her waitressing job and went FT for 16 weeks for MA. Once she finished they placed her on a temp basis. If you do good- the place will hire you (you get paid during temp period).

During this time- she was given foodstamps and daycare assistance. She saved a little (b/c she didnt have 2 incomes) and lived on that. She also had EVERYTHING (tuition, scrubs, and medical supplies) all paid for by FAFSA and MI Works.

Let it snow!!! Merry Christmas!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)