Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

About to throw my computer out the window...

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:32 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ok.. maybe that is a little extreme.... but.......... my daughter was banging on my computer earlier and I noticed she changed my desktop icons to no longer being transparent and they were this ugly brown.... so I tried to work my magic... with no avail... then it worked... but then my background picture was all blurry, I had just photo edited my background so I panicked thinking I saved it bad... but I didnt... so I messed with it a little more... but now this is what it looks like...... SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!! I am DESPERATE! I have windows XP........ and I have NO clue what I did...

Lol.. this is what my background is SUPPOSED to look like...

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KamrynsMommie07
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:39 PM

bump

Please?! Anyone?!

pam228
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:40 PM

try changing your brightness,tint,etc.

KamrynsMommie07
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:42 PM

How do you do that? I know how on my parents... bit mine is a laptop and I have no little buttons on the monitor that adjust it =(

Quoting pam228:

try changing your brightness,tint,etc.

2callmemom09
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:42 PM

no clue, but if this makes yah feel better i am currently missing 8 keys to my laptop. my 21 month old thinks it's fun to pull them off as soon as i set the thing down. ughhh

pam228
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:47 PM

go in your start menu , then-appearance&personalization ,then try customize colors or adjust resolution. hit default,if you can.

KamrynsMommie07
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:02 PM

Ok... so I changed the display Theme to Windows XP.... it was currently set on Windows XP Modified.... well when it is set on normal Windows XP, everything looks fine, it has the normal Windows background the green hill with the blue sky... well when I go to change the picture to my christmas collage, it instantly changes the picture all funky colors... and I know the pic does not look like that.... it has something to do with Windows XP Modified... but I dont know what!

pam228
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:26 PM

try picking a different background pic,if that turns out ok then she might have saved some changes to just your x-mas collage pic. if that's the case you'll have to make a new one. if a different background pic does the same thing,then i'm not sure what to do. we just got a new computer a few months ago--it's got windows vista,so i'm trying to remember how i did things with the xp. but try this and let me know what happens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)