Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby who doesn't want to go to sleep???

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:53 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son is almost 10 months old, we didn't always have a problem getting him to sleep. we would feed him half  his bottle, because half way through eaten he would get real fussy and fight with us. so we would put him in his bed and he would either fuss untill he wen't to sleep or after a few min we would go back and give him the rest of the bottle and he would go on to sleep. but now he fights us constantly.  even after he has  his bottle, last night nothing worked. we tried to let him fuss, we tried to rock him, we tried to lay down with him ABOSLUTLY NOTHING WORKED!! so now im stuck how do i teach my son to kinda go to sleep or sooth him self to sleep with out having to fight with him or let him sleep with us.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
casie0306
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:56 PM
with my daughter i feed her cerel and yogert at least feed before bed so she has full tummy
stacymomof2
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:02 PM

Try a longer routine with eat, books, rock, sing, bed.  My 11m was kinda stubborn, when I switched to this she did very well.  Also, I had to do a little CIO, going in and checking, laying her back down and letting her sooth herself.  It really only took 3 days of being consistent, but it feels like the longest 3 days of your life!

Mrs.McCoy917
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:47 PM

bump

preview image

Mom to Connor & Taylor, February 6Th 2008. SAHM, proud wife to my Airman Ken.

VaNavyMom2b2009
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:54 PM

You cant make someone go to sleep. I did keep mine on a schedule whether tired or not. Even now at almost 3, she still goes to bed at a decent time in HER bed everynight with the lights out and low music on. I used to play a CD when she was younger with classical lullibies on it. Baby Einstein. I am using that CD for this one to come, too. warm soothing baths also help and make sure a fresh diaper is in order. Just let him lay in HIS bed. dont do the co-sleep or youll have bigger problems when he is 5. Its like us, some nights we just cant go to sleep but then we wake up the next day.

sweetscrappin
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:33 PM

in your question, lies your problem.. i dont want you to take this harshly... when you feed a baby and then put them straight to bed they start to learn that is how it is done... i eat, then i go to sleep... for the first couple of months that is the way it is, because they are eating machines, but at about 4 months, sometime earlier for others, and sometimes later, but around 4 months, babies need to be taught to self soothe, or fall asleep on their own.  Your baby is fully aware now.. so now you have to train your son to fall asleep on his own. We have had our son on a strict routine since he was 4 weeks old.. and now that he is almost 6 months old, we have relaxed a bit and allow for a bit of mixing with times.  He has a routine of bath, baby massage, diaper, dressed for bed, and then maybe a book.  I just put him in his crib when he is awake, because he knws that his crib is for sleeping and nothing else.  I say goodnight and then shut the door.  He just lays there and does nothing, and then he will start to fuss, and then cry, i leave him to cry for a few minutes and then i go in, roll him over and he falls asleep.  My son has slept on his tummy for 4 months now.  There are several articles that talk about sleep online, check DrGreene.com i think that is his website, but he has some useful info.  Good luck!! take care

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)