Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Possible early miscarriage

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:53 PM
  • 6 Replies

About two months ago, I felt pregnant. I had just started working and all the pregnancy symptoms could be blamed on stress and change of lifestyle. I was two weeks late and brushed it off as another symptom of stress and change and everything else. My curiosity got the best of me and I took a test. It was a cheapie dollar store test, but there was a faint positive line. With both my children, the test was from a dollar store and was faint. This line was faint, but it was there and it was a line. It wasn't half a line and it wasn't a smudge....it was a line! I didn't know how to feel and neither did Shawn. Two months prior to this he had a vasectomy, but we were not using birth control. We felt that it was best, for health reasons, that we not have any more children, but if it happened, then it was God's will. Seeing that line made me very scared and regretful, yet a little excited. I spent the next week or so talking about it with my husband. We were beginning to decide that this was not at all a good thing. We were feeling regretful for being irrisponsible, and feared the worse, which would be that I wouldn't be able to handle the pregnancy and would not live to take care of the children that I already have. This added to the stress of our decision to have me start working outside of the home after being home with the kids for seven years. Two weeks after I took the test, and a month after my period was due, and I was now due for another period, I had a period. It wasn't normal, though. What's normal for me is one day of bleeding with nothing heavy and not really any cramping or bloating, if any at all. This time I had sharp pains, and these pains kept me from walking!!! For about six hours I was on the couch in serious pain. The pain went away and I assumed it had something to do with a bladder condition I have. I took some tylenol and went to bed. The next night I had that pain again, only this time with some serious cramping. I had lower back pain and was sick to my stomach and everything. Later that night I started my period. I was crampy at work for four or five days while I blead heavily. After this happened, I had serious acne, just like I did when I was pregnant with my girls. Last month my period was only a light spotting, but still with acne. I brushed the acne off as a symptom of working, having more stress, and changing my diet to match the busyness of life. Here I am having my period now and I'm back to normal. The acne is gone and so is the cramping and serious sharp pains. I am no longer working and went back to being a stay-at-home mom, though. Could the acne be caused by working or being pregnant? If I was pregnant, I only missed one period before having those serious pains and heavy bleeding. I wonder if that was a miscarriage. If it was, I seem to be fine now. I guess there would be no point in going to the doctor, right? I was so stupidly busy while working and going to school and sharing a car while taking my husband to and from work, getting the kids at school and the babysitter, oh yeah and coming home to get my homework and supper done while my husband cleaned the house and we both tried to get the the kids to put themselves to sleep. My goodness, that is insane! I wouldn't have had time to go to the doctor if I had wanted to. I was so caught up in getting to the next thing, the next day, the next anything, that I didn't even take time to think about myself or what was going on with my own body. Now that I'm home, I'm sitting here and thinking.....perhaps going to the doctor would have been a good thing. So what do you think?

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
RockTheSocks
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:58 PM

you should go to the doctor and explain all of this.   You could have had an ectopic pregnancy and if you did then you are at risk for other major health issues.

Just go to make sure you're ok.

sylviapike26
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:02 PM

Well it is possible that it was a miscarriage or that because of all the stress you had a seriously bad period.  I would possibly go to the dr just to make sure if it was a miscarriage everything got cleaned out.  I had a miscarriage in April 06 and was seeing a dr who shouldn't even have a medical license who refused to see me.  I should have recieved a D&C because my body didn't pass all of the sac and because of that my body still thought it was pregnant and continued on in the pregnancy.  It is called a False Pregnancy.  I had a lot of issues because of it.  It never hurts to be safe.  If you go and get checked, they can make sure all is well.  GL hon and I hope all is well.

babies
prettygirlsmom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:03 PM

My goodness, you really think so? I never even thought about something like that. I just assumed that my body worked it out by having that period or something. Now you really have me thinking. Maybe I will call the doctor tomorrow and set up an appointment. Now that I think of it, last night I watched a show where a 19 year old girl died of an ectopic pregnancy. She went to the hospital and they told her she was miscarrying. she went home and died a week later when she bled to death. Sacry!!!

prettygirlsmom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Quoting sylviapike26:

Well it is possible that it was a miscarriage or that because of all the stress you had a seriously bad period.  I would possibly go to the dr just to make sure if it was a miscarriage everything got cleaned out.  I had a miscarriage in April 06 and was seeing a dr who shouldn't even have a medical license who refused to see me.  I should have recieved a D&C because my body didn't pass all of the sac and because of that my body still thought it was pregnant and continued on in the pregnancy.  It is called a False Pregnancy.  I had a lot of issues because of it.  It never hurts to be safe.  If you go and get checked, they can make sure all is well.  GL hon and I hope all is well.

But I am having a period now. This month it was normal. Would my body still think it's pregnant and still have a period? Man, now I really want to set up an appointment!

ben127
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:13 PM

have you taken another test since this happened? you can still have your period and be pregnant so i would double test. otherwise it would be a good idea to go to the doctors just to make sure.

sylviapike26
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:17 PM

I was still having my periods after it, but when I finally got in to see the OB I have now, I looked and my uterus was the size of a 20 week pregnant lady's.  They thought that because of it I could have issues with getting pregnant, but got pregnant with my son the next month (we weren't really trying and were just going to have some tests and stuff done first).  The worst part was the emotional stress.  I knew something was wrong but looked pregnant.  I swear I even felt the "baby" move but they said there was no baby, just part of the sac.  It doesn't always clean out.  I agree with the other poster too.  If it were that painful, it could have been ectopic.  Just go in to the dr to be safe.

Quoting prettygirlsmom:

Quoting sylviapike26:

But I am having a period now. This month it was normal. Would my body still think it's pregnant and still have a period? Man, now I really want to set up an appointment!

babies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)