Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A boy named Adolf Hitler??

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:23 PM
  • 13 Replies

I live in NJ and there is a child not to far from me, a 3 year old boy, named Adolf Hitler. The parents are outraged because Shop-Rite refused to write the name on the cake. Apparently last year the dad wanted a Swaztika (sp??) on the cake too. They claim not to be racist and that they just liked the name. Shop-Rite has denied this request the past 3 years and now this family is claiming discrimination. Does anyone see anything wrong with this? Your thoughts please. I personally think it's crazy. Once the boy enters school he is going to find out what kind of person Adolf Hitler was. I am all for original names but come on!!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaycee1124
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:25 PM

My thoughts/advice would be don't name your child Adolf Hitler, or after any other infamous villan.

I do feel horrible for that child. Not only does he have this name, but he is being raised with so much hate.

donaldsbabygurl
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Poor Lil Boy. They new what they were doing when they named him that and wanted a Swatika on his cake(to me asking for trouble)

Erieshore
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:26 PM

That's kind of radical and not our choice and the store shouldn't discriminate, not in this day and age, but the parents should have thought about the how it will be in school for the lad.

tiffanysgirls
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:28 PM
I thought that I read the family supposedly does not mind other races and that many children of other races were at the party. They just do not believe in mixing races? I don't know. Even believing we shouldn't mix races is wrong to me. But....I see a young man filing for a name change in 15 years!
maryinger
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:29 PM

no matter what their beliefs, i think that's a shitty thing to do to your kid.

so did they insist they write his full name on the cake? if they refused to write just "adolf" that would be one thing. as a matter of fact they shouldn't even refuse to write the whole name. it's not their business. however, the parents asking for the full name on the cake, with swastikas, is just asking for trouble.

sgilbert211
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:30 PM

Quoting tiffanysgirls:

I thought that I read the family supposedly does not mind other races and that many children of other races were at the party. They just do not believe in mixing races? I don't know. Even believing we shouldn't mix races is wrong to me. But....I see a young man filing for a name change in 15 years!

Yeah something like the dad was raised that other races are OK but you just shouldn't socialize with them or mix with them. He even wore a German soldiers boot to the newspaper interview. It just all seems a little weird.

jaycee1124
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:32 PM

Another one of their children has the middle names "Aryan Nation" that pretty much says they are not okay with other races...they support an Aryan nation.

Quoting tiffanysgirls:

mlg871
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:36 PM

I'm in NJ and I saw this on the news this morning.  Seriously whatever you beliefs, what do you expect when you name you child that?  Better yet, WHY would you name your child that?  Why would you do that to your child?  Can you just imagine the crap this kid is going to put through?  I'm sorry, there's original and then there's just plain cruel.  That's cruel. 

LoriAnn87
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:50 PM

I also live in NJ and I think it's very sad to name you child that but I don't belive they have friends of a different race because how could be you be friends with someone who names there kids after the nazis. Oh them not being racist that is a load of crap.

mommy2isabella
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:11 PM

Why couldn't they at least name Adolf? I just feel bad for the kid, I wouldn't want to be named after someone so horrible, just my opinion though. I have other opinions but oh well?

boy n girl  Happily married to Erik and proud mommy of Isabella and Camden.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)