Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New mommy in need of help!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:59 PM
  • 20 Replies

Hey everyone! My name is Mallory and I'm 21 years old. I just found out I'm pregnant and I am very happy. I am how ever starting to stress really bad because my fiance and I lost our car ( The engine blew) and it was to expensive to fix. We both have jobs but he just lost his license and between fines, rent, utilities, and other bills its really hard to save up for a car. Plus right now we are trying to move out into a new place since our place is a more college friendly environment with several roommates. I was hoping maybe someone had some suggestions on finding cheap cars or maybe groups that help people in need? I've been looking online but I haven't found much. Also if anyone has been in this situation I could really just use some support I'm really starting to get worried I won't be able to get to doctors appointments and such.

Thank You for taking the time to read this. - Mallory

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pd4now82
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:09 PM

I am sorry about your situation, and wish I knew more of what to say to help.  I don't really know, but do know that I've been with a few (mega-) churches that have had car ministries to help out needy families.  We donated our old car to a local car ministry when we bought our new car two months ago (it needed a lot of work, but they were willing to deal with it, or probably if they couldn't get it running they'd get the money for scrap metal).

Anyway, I don't know if there's anything near you like that, or how they work.   Wish I could help more...but that's about the only thing I know and have seen .....

ben127
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:12 PM

if you're worried about getting to doctors appointments and such check with your local hopsital/ state care about help getting to appointments. my state does have people who will help get you there.

s_goodman
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:14 PM

bump

Ilovemybbgrl
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:14 PM

Try your local Salvation Army church, they can help with resources for money, and for an automobile. Idk where you live but my our headquarters in southern cali is the one who deals with that.. Where are you located maybe I could get you a number or in contact with someone?

SheciaBaby
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:17 PM

I know exactly how u feel hunn. When I was first preggo, our car was repossessed because we got into a wreck and between the wreck and payments we couldn't keep up. It's no fun. And I know how it feels to be livivng check to check. I know that where I live if u drive around theres alot of places where nice cars are real cheap. They just arent popular and mostly get the full amount instead of financing. I did get a new car from a place call JDByrider. check and see if u have one around. They will take w.e u have in ur pocket as a down payment and finance u from there. HEll,i had 100$ on me and my mom had 150$ and we got ourselves a new honda odyessy with cheap payments. You just have to be patient about that stuff. I hope everything goes well. And i hope what i said can help just a little bit. 

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
BingsMommy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:17 PM

I know the car business very well.  If you have ok - good credit, the best time to purchase a car is NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!   In the past, the best time was at the end of the month.  NOW ! is the best time.  More and more car dealerships are folding, and need to sell their inventory, and believe me, cars prices are low !

Some banks are being very unreasonable with financing. But, with the mom-and-pop dealerships they are doing their own in-house financing.  Let me know if you need advice on anything else.

And, if you got decent credit (might work with bad credit, I dunno), and you drive less than 10,000 miles a year. You can lease a car for less than $200 or less than $250 per month. Call around to some dealerships and ask what specials are going on now.

Here to: Automotive Business Moms

Kawaii_Panda86
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:08 PM

Thank You so much for all your advice! I am definitely going to check out some of the churches and the salvation army to see if they can help. I currently live in Woodstock Ga (Cherokee County) so if you do find any numbers for around there I'd be grateful! Thank You again for the replies this group is really awsome glad I found all of you :)

- Mallory

therzmommy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:13 PM

been there done that its hard... me and hubby moved out when he was 19 and i was 17.... got evicted had our license suspended for no insurance and lost our jobs all at the same time... we got evicted and moved in with his cousins... litle by little we got things together but it took a while and a little bit of struggling... i didnt find any help besides moving in with his cousin...... besides wic and foodstamps and hud theres not much else out there

nascarlvr
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 9:30 AM

wow,thats terrible.wish i could help...but i guess it would depend on where u are at...ill keep my eyes and ears open....good luck...ill pray for you.....

-----
DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker
baby
twlkhuff
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 10:19 AM

there is a website called freecycle.com it is with yahoo  you can post requests for your area for such things as a car, clothes and needs for the baby or just about anything you could try there.  Also I know when my husband and I were super poor we went to a buy here pay here car dealership and bought our first car, it was a hunk of crap but it got us from point a to point b and lasted a really long time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)