Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 month old and rash....need HELP/comments

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok well he had a rash under his neck an i wrote it off to his drooling and spitt up...but then it spread to the back of his neck and now it is on his elbows and stomach and back.....  he hasn't been exposed to anything new....it is like little red prickly dots..... the ones on his neck look really nasty. I am going to try to get him in at the doctors first thing in the morning but i just wanted to see what you all think....or maybe i should take  him to the er.....idk he seems irritable for a while now but his two bottom teeth just came in. but they are both completely through and i don't think any more teeth are coming in. i am stopping giving him tylenol so the doctors can see him with out it, or will it be ok for me to give him some to help him sleep? and just not give him any in the middle of the night and morning? I am so worried.

oh and he has diareah

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
8firsttimemom8
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:27 PM

oh and i am not sure if this is related but his spitting up has gotten worse than usual and it can feel like it burns my skin....

cbeckham
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:30 PM

If you are that concerned and you feel like he is getting worse then I would take him to the er tonight and not wait until the morning. Even if it is nothing at least you can rest easy knowing. Why are you giving him tylenol?

I am NOT a bad mom because I am a... front facing at 1 AND 20 bottle feeding, CIO, vaxing, spanking,  public-school sending, time-out giving, smoking,  church goingfull-time working, tipping the waitress because I've been there, non co-sleepingMcCain voting, Momma! Now put on your big girl panties and realize that I am not you!

SinistersSweeti
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:32 PM

Is he running a fever at all?  I don't see why the tylenol would hurt.  My DD got a bad rash right after her 4 month shots...but it was more blistery....It could possibly be 5ths.  SD had that a few years ago.....

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
8firsttimemom8
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:06 PM

I called my doctors cause they have a doctor on call at the hospital so i am currently waiting them to call me back....................

bc19
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:14 PM

could it be a heat rash? my son has a horrible time when he was a few months younger with prickly heat and it looked more painful than it actually was but i still felt bad for him. Im not sure though since you said it spread from his neck to his elbows. It would explain the stomach, neck, and back though. i guess just call his doctor in the morning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)