Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby cereal

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:30 PM
  • 5 Replies

is 1 month too early to give cereal,my son is on similac soy formula and hes always hungry hes taking 6-8oz of formula every 2-3 hours and still acts hungry....any ideas?? should i try cereal?

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mrs.CoachB
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:34 PM

I never did. My girls didn't need it, but lots of my friends have- especially the moms of boys. They say their boys just needed more. At that age they put cereal in the bottle to make the formula more filling. I think a dr will tell you not to do it though.

stacymomof2
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:34 PM

Oh yes, that is pretty early for cereal!!  Feed on demand it's probably a growth spurt.  It won't hurt to try a pacifier, maybe he just wants to suck.  If that doesn't work, go ahead and feed him, but not cereal.  When 1mo babies are hungry they need formula or BM.

SinistersSweeti
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:35 PM

I started putting cereal in my DD's bottle at night when she was about 3 weeks old.  I got my doctor's go ahead first, for those of you who want to bash.  It helped a lot cuz the formula just wasn't making her full.  I don't see anything wrong with it...it didn't hurt her at all.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
sweetscrappin
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 6:40 PM

well in my opinion, your baby is going thru his first real growth spurt... in about a week you will notice that jammies dont fit right anymore... and then he will probably go thru a sleeping spell where all he will want to do is nap... I started my son on cereal at the end of his 3 months, and he does so much better.. when i told my ped about this, he said good call, and he wanted to make sure that we werent putting cereal in his bottle... but talk to your Ped and see what he/she has to say. My money would be on a growth spurt, your 6 week check up is coming im guessing, and just ask.  In between our visits i keep a list of questions handy... there is a great baby book out called baby411, it has helped so much just with the little things, like, eating, sleeping, the only thing they didnt cover was their first real growth spurt, i got that from my hair dresser.. LOL

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
BrookesMommy512
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:57 PM

My pediatrician said no cereal or baby food before 4months. Like someone else said he may be going thru a growth spurt. My daughter is 7 mo. old and drink 6-8ozs every 3 hrs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)