Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Uterus hurts!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:11 PM
  • 9 Replies
So I woke up today and there is this constant pain in my uterus. It is not a sharp pain but it feels like it is constantly on the verge of becoming sharp. I laid back down for a while and it eased up but now the pain is back. Does anyone know what is wrong with me?
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jujuc
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:12 PM

period is comin or preggo take a test

emmasmama2007
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:13 PM

i'm sorry,

are you preggo? 

rachelhosanna
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:13 PM
Also I am 20+ weeks along and no other complications
CariO.
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:14 PM

Call your OBGYN!  Maybe it's an ectopic pregnancy or something!

pambayens
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:14 PM

when in question call your doc or labor and delivery

CarlaD
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:24 PM

You and I are almost exactly the same length prego, and it sounds like ligament pain.  There are ligaments holding your uterus in place that are stretching and pulling, allowing for baby growth and preparing for birth.  Mine hurt a lot, very sharp, intense pain.  Sometimes it is worse than other times.  If you are not cramping, bleeding, vomiting or any other symptoms, this is probably what it is.  Hope this helps!

beckygeiger
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:29 PM

I had the round ligament pain really bad. It felt like sharp stabbing pain on low on both sides. it hurt so bad I could barely walk. It generally starts around 18 weeks, mine started at 12. I would just check with your Dr. to be on the safe side but that is what it sounds like to me.

~Becky Geiger~ 

Alyssa Morgan 6-13-06

rachelhosanna
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:30 PM
I like this answer better than the ectopic one :) The thing is I have had ligament pain when I change positions at times and they r intense but go away. This feels like when that intense pain starts to fade but there is still that reminder not to move like that again. My husband thinks that my belly may be about to pop. No I do not have any of those symptoms so that is good. So you don't think I have anything to worry about? This is my first pregnancy and so I don't know what is normal or not a problem and what is.
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:34 PM

call your ob just in case. If I were you I'd get checked out.  Its probably nothing, but on the off chance there is something wrong it needs to be adressed right away. 

AMAZINGLY SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES

1. When choking on an ice cube, simply pour a cup of boiling water down
your throat. Presto! The blockage will instantly remove itself.

2. Avoid cutting yourself slicing vegetables by getting someone else to
hold while you chop.

3. Avoid arguments with the Mrs. about lifting the toilet seat by using
the sink.

4. To treat high blood pressure: simply cut yourself and bleed for a few
minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use a
timer.

5. A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you
from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze
button.

6. If you have a cold with a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives....yo u'll be afraid to sneeze, much less cough.

7. You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't
move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does,use the
duct tape.

8. When confused remember.....everyone seems normal UNTIL  you get to know them.

Daily Thought:

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)