Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i or shouldnt i? need suggestions

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:42 PM
  • 8 Replies

okay heres the deal  my ex husband and i are meeting in bend oregon so he can have our son for christmas...we also have a 5 month old that he hasnt really seen and the only way that i would bring him is if it was over night....i havent mentioned it too him but he suggested it a couple days ago and i agreed to bring the baby and we are planning on sharing a hotel room.... bend oregon is 2 hours away from both of us and the roads are pretty bad so we are waiting for a some what good day.....my whole family is against this but according to the court agreement he gets our son for christmas and he starts getting the baby when hes 6 months old and thats next month and he hasnt seen the baby since he was 2 months old....and bobby is the type of baby that doesnt like anyone he doesnt know just me and my grandma.....so i guess what im asking you ladies is if you would do this?  would you stay the nite so he can spend time with the baby?

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JGRIMMER
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:47 PM

Yeah, but I might ask to have separate hotel rooms or adjoining rooms.

amyaNdezzysMom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:47 PM

depends on how things ended between the two of you

kristinaleann
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:48 PM

If you mean spend the night in the hotel with your ex, i would not do it! now if he was getting his room, then i would consider it.

kmyree2207
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:52 PM

well we have had a bad past but we are trying to work past that and become friends and we have been doing really good....and he is offering to pay for the hotel and i dont have any money to get my own room or i probably would....im hoping that if i do do this then the room we get will have two beds....him and our 2 year old can sleep in one bed and i get the other.....now what do you think?

2callmemom09
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 7:55 PM

i would do it... for the kids sake.

barbiedoll31
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:30 PM

Your spending the night W/ your ex?  If that is the case heck yeah I would.  It seems the best situation for everyone involved.  Kids get to have both parents, you don't miss out and the baby gets to get accustomed to dad w/ mom there.  It's win win as LONG as you both get alone enough to have fun and make it a good time.  SCREW what anyone else thinks.  Just b/c you may have decided not to spend your lives together doesn't mean you can't get together in harmony at times.  Good for you!

jdoegen
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:34 PM

As long as y'all can get along (NO arguing/fighting in front of the kids), then I absolutely would do it. Plus, this way you don't have to be away from your kids and can also monitor how they interact with him.

boy n girlJulie~Mommy To Twins: Ashton & Avery~05/24/04

timbysmommy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 8:46 PM

I would try to stay friends too. I would do this for your child. I don't see anything wrong with staying with him. He is your children's dad.

Quoting kmyree2207:

well we have had a bad past but we are trying to work past that and become friends and we have been doing really good....and he is offering to pay for the hotel and i dont have any money to get my own room or i probably would....im hoping that if i do do this then the room we get will have two beds....him and our 2 year old can sleep in one bed and i get the other.....now what do you think?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)