Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice on potty traing

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:50 PM
  • 5 Replies

ok my son will be 4 in march, and he is not 100 percent on potty trained. He will not do a bm in the potty. We have tried everything we can think of. He will go pee on the potty and he can go through the night without wetting the bed, he is just scared to have bm's on the potty .Any advice to make it fun or easier for him would be appreciated.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Manda0303
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:55 PM

My daughter is 4 and is the same way. I have tried everything I can think of from sticker charts, giving her little toys to taking the things she likes the most away. Nothing is working. So I hope someone can give both of us some ideas.

dahlimama07
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:59 PM

i am sorry to say but I have read that a lot of kids have issues with having BMs on the potty.  They think their poop is part of them so they don't like to have on in the potty.  I would talk to your doctor and see if they can give you any advice or something that will make him go poop on the potty so he/she can see that it is okay to have a BM on the potty.

Audrey the mother to Brandon!!
meghan925
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:00 PM

I heard of someone telling there kid...the clock says its time to go to the potty, because they cant argue with the clock...and it worked. Or getting a kitchen timer and  maiking it go off and tell them that means its time to go to the potty. Also if you havent tried my nephew is going through potty training  and we tell him only babies have a pull up and big kids use the potty...most big kids want to be a big kid not a baby so really emphasize that "big kid" hope i helped a little

I'm a Life LOViN' 17 year old GREAT teen mommy to Alaina (14 months old) I vaccinate, bottle feed, and co-sleep. I let my daughter CIO, but still spoil her to death. A kinda pro-life, dont give a shit what you think, fast-food junkie, badass stay at home mom :) I drive an 89 ford bronco and love it, have been with my man for 3 years and not pushing marriage anytime soon. Got my high school diploma and I'm on the way to break the teen mommy stereotype. I dont regret any decisions I have made in my life and honestly, I WOULDNT HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY!

lydi
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:02 PM

i am going to try to let my daughter run around naked so she is forced to bm on the potty. she is not even pee trained yet so i have a long way to go. and i hope this doesnt get to this but my brother wouldnt and sadly my mom had to use enimas (butt bullets we call them) he got over being scared. good luck, i hope you get some more replies cause i would like some opinions too.

tmdmc1
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:07 PM

This worked pretty good for my kids, when they go on the potty either pee or pooh, when they flush, we stand there and wave and say bye bye pee pee or pooh pooh. They seemed to like that. I hope that helps some.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)