Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you won custody/what you wanted?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:54 PM
  • 10 Replies

I was wondering based on what information/facts some of you have won custody cases, or fought for the father only getting supervised or very limited visitation and won?

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smilingmomma
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:03 PM

i have 100 pecent sole custody of my boys , he has supevised visits where he has not  used them , it was  put in effect  for abuse

Tiff120686
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:10 PM

of the kids?

Quoting smilingmomma:

i have 100 pecent sole custody of my boys , he has supevised visits where he has not  used them , it was  put in effect  for abuse

mommyneedssleep
by Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:10 PM

i have sole custody of both of my kids. my daughters dad has supervised visits and she is 12. we asked for it when he decided to show up after three years to see her. it is now 2 years since that hearing and we dont hear from him or see him hmmmmmm

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 7:24 AM

My ex and have joint custody if our daughter. One week with me, the next week with him. During the summer it is half/half. When we divorced I was feeling very vindictive and tried for sole custody but obviously didn't get it. And it is better for my DD to have both parents in her life. There is no child support paid from either ex or myself and we get along for her sake. My ex is remarried and I will be soon. I just can't understand why a parent would not want to see their child or help support him/her.

Nikki1218
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 9:16 AM

I have sole physical custody of my dd, and my ex and I have joint legal custody.  He gets her every other weekend and one week a month in the summer, and also has to pay child support as well as half the unpaid medical, dental, and vision expenses. 

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 10:30 AM

Why does your dd's father have to pay child support if you have joint custody? And why half the medical if you get child support? I don't get it????

shrugging

PattiDons
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Joint custody only refers to the fact that legally, the child belongs to both parents and both have a say in decisions.  This is very important if one person tries to move the child out of state.  My husband had joint legal custody, but son resided with the ex.  We had him every other weekend, every Wed night and whenever else we could get him.  We paid child support, medical insurance, 1/2 of uncovered medical, AND husband let ex claim him every year.  fast forward... SS has been with us for 18 months as mother moved away. We are still in court over custody.  Husband originally agreed to put in paper work that we have SHARED custody so it looks like SS is with each parent 50/50  so she pays no child support and we pay 1/2 his airfare, we still pay medical insurance, and she is supposed to get to claim him every other year.  She has sent exactly $100 this year toward his support, we have sent $1200 her way for airfare...  Oh well.... as long as he is still with us!!!!!!!!!!

(yes the modification is incredibly one sided, but we agreed to her terms just get her to move and leave son here.  She refiled again anyway. Now we are in appeals.  She has refused to settle out of court, so good chance she will lose custody completely)

M.A.M.C4
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 6:25 PM

I have sole custody of all four of my children, and that was mainly due to the fact that he was so verbally and emotionally abusive to me and my children. Also he has no visitation unless he can prove he can refrain from drinking alchohol

maryinger
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 6:28 PM

we have 50/50 custody, alternating weeks. i didn't get what i wanted. i wanted them with me more, but felt it was far better for the kids to have an uncontested divorce and have them with both of us an equal amount of time so they didn't ever wonder why mommy or daddy didn't see them as much.

tracy40
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 7:29 PM
Hi, my husband just won sole legal and physical custody of his daughter due to the bm constantly moving, she has 19 addresses on file at friend of the court and has numerous evictions,just recently moved again cause of eviction, sd had 37 one half day absences from school last year and 13 one half day absences so far this year, bm has had a long string of boyfriends, had domestice violence issues with one who she is currently back with right now, one of her exboyfriends was busted smoking marijuiana in the car while he was waiting at school to pick up the kids, another exboyfiend recently was arrested for retail fraud and larceny,and just got out of prison a year ago.bm had had numerous cps referrals on her, sd has had a lot of uti's due to improper hygiene,bm never takes her to the doctor even when she's sick,there's more but the main thing is is everything has been documented and proven. bm didn't even try to object to the custody recommendation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)