Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teething tablet danger?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:04 PM
  • 48 Replies
i was telling another mother that i used natural teething tablets to help my 19 mo. baby with teething, she told me she stopped using 'cause she read an article that they caused blindness?
have searched for any such articles and found nothing, just curious if anyone heard this, i can't help being nervous and keep hearing her say it in my head!
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamma84
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:06 PM

wow I haven't heard that!!  mil told me to be careful with them because one of the ingredients causes drowsiness (kinda like cough syrup does)  lemme know if you find that article!!

I am a vaccinating, co-sleeping, occasionally allow my toddler to watch tv, CIO rejecting type of mommy.  I have been both a breastfeeder & bottlefeeder, flipped my kids' carseat when they hit a year and 25 lbs, and am married to my children's father.  We might have a difference of opinion.  However, I will respect your views, even if you do not respect mine.  This woman is a Bible-reader, NOT a Bible-thumper.  (It is difficult to read something when it is shoved down somebody's throat!)  If you have a problem with anything I suggest, say, or imply; or if you read my message backwards and receive subliminal messages, well, we can discuss the first problem.  Second one, you are on your own!  **The owners of this website are not responsible for views, opinions, or endorsements suggested by this member** 

Katy_Lentz
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Research it!! I did my research when my son was on them, but something new might have come up! You most likely won't get 'facts' on CafeMom, just opinions! Google it and then check the sources that you go to! Good luck:)

loomis6
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:07 PM

NEVER HEARD SUCH A THING IM SURE IF IT WERE TRUE THEY WOULDNT BE SELLING THEM AND IT WOULD BE ON THE NEWS AND ALL OVER THE NET.

3boyz1princess
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:09 PM

I have never heard that..I never used them but my friend who has 7 kids used them all the time with her kids and there fine..

in loveboy n girltwin boys

HUBBY & ME       CHANDLER,MADSION,CARSON & COLTON

vances_mom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:11 PM

they contain chamomile extract. that causes drowsiness.... just like drinking a cup of chamomile tea would help an adult relax and calm down if they were stressed out. i've been using them with DS since he was about 3m/o (he's 19m/0 and still gets them when he's teething). i've NEVER heard anything bad about them.

jenke
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:20 PM

I just looked I do not see anything but positive on them I used them on my kids.   If you are concerned talk to your dr or call your dr and talk to the oncall nurse tomorrow they will know.

upwithbabies
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:33 PM

wow, I use teething tablets on both my middle son who is two now and my daughter who is 11 months old. I use the Hyland teething tablets and I have seen no ill side effects. that is just odd

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Parksey27
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 9:22 AM

I have never heard that before but I know they gave my son diarrhea, at first I thought it was a coincidence so I tried them a couple more times and he got it every time. So we don't use them.

thegoodmommy
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:17 PM

my neice is 2 and eats atleast 1/2 a bottle a day,, and shes not teething... her parents just give them to her because she asks.. ive never used them im an orajel mom

jaycee1124
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 12:36 PM

I've never heard or read anything relating to teething tablets causing blindness, and I have done quite a lot of research on them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)