Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

pelvic pressure/pain 28 wks pregnant

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2009 at 11:13 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm 28 weeks pregnant with my first baby and today I have a lot pressure in my pelvis and lower belly and it hurts when i walk. Is this normal or should i be concerned?

pregnancy calendar
by on Jan. 1, 2009 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hunnielane
by on Jan. 1, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Im 28 wks tomorrow. I have had pressure and pain for wks now. My dd loves to dig down as far as my uterus will let her((ouchie))  Totally normal. I know get painful braxton hicks contractions to go allong with the other stuff. All part of the fun!!

11 month old son& 27 wks pregnantbaby 1stholidayexpecting girl

hunnielane
by on Jan. 1, 2009 at 11:18 PM

OH WOW!!! I see by your ticker that your actually 28 tomorrow too!! We have the exact same due date! Cool cuz thats my b day too

11 month old son& 27 wks pregnantbaby 1stholidayexpecting girl

mrs_mclendon
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:04 AM

i am 28 weeks with my third and have lots of pressure . i wouldnt be concerned unless you start cramping realy bad and they dont stop if you lay down. good luck !!

steph2884
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:15 AM

I had lots of pressure from my son. He was very low from about 30 weeks on. I actually got a maternity belt that helped to take some of the pressure off my pelvis and of the nerves in my legs that were being pinched. You might also be experiencing round ligament pain. If the pain gets really bad always call your doc or midwife.

demecia1
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:34 AM

this is my second 1 and I would say its normal...either you hold your urine to often, drink lots of sodas and juice and not enough water or you're doing to much of activity..Mines usually happen when he balls up ugh now thats painful. when that first started happening I told my doctor about it and she said it was normal sooooo. But, if I were you I would still call my dr just to make sure.

leahsmomrocks
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Braxton Hicks.     I had Braxton Hicks till the day I gave birth.   I never got actually contractions for my second child...    I had to get induced at 38 wks because he was big and all I was getting were braxton hicks.   Drink alot of water.

Jenia312
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:19 AM

It's usually normal.  Since it's your first baby, you should see your doctor to make sure everything is OK.  When I was pregnant with my first one, I felt constant horrible pains especially around the pelvic area at about 28 weeks and got worse afterwards.  I ended up having my daughter at 29 weeks.  It could have been worse if I didn't have a check-up with the doctor when I felt the pain/contraction.  Not all cases are the same though BUT it's always good to take precautions.  Surprisingly, the same things happen with my second pregnancy and I was put on medication immediately.  Lots of bed-rest and keeping your feet up REALLY help.

hotmom40ish
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Hi Kate

Welcome to the opening of your pelvis to allow the baby to drop! Yep it is totally normal. I freaked with my first until my Mom told me that she felt like she had "sprung a sprocket". It was exactly what I was feeling.

If you are really worried give your ob/gyn a call. That is what they are there for. But  I truly think you are fine.

Just another step in the process kiddo. Good luck.

Rebecca

chevy69
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:30 PM

i will be 33 weeks tomorrow and i have had the pain to sense about 25 weeks my midwife told me it was normal and suggested on getting a maternity belt to help support the weight

stork

italianrose62
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:32 PM

I would go to the dr.  My dd had a lot of pain and pressure but they determined it was the weight of the baby on her pelvic bone and gave her a belt that she wore to give some support to the baby and she felt better.  She wore it until she gave birth and all was fine.

Donna

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN