Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sinus pressure and pain...

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:24 AM
  • 2 Replies

So this past weekend I started getting sick.  I really thought it was just allergies.  Well today I started having a lot of pain and pressure on the left side of my face.  I know it is sinuses, but there isn't a lot I can do.  I am 26 weeks pregnant.  I am taking Sudafed and it is kind of helping, but not so much.  I also started coughing yesterday and today I am having a really hard time.  I have asthma and the coughing has brought on several asthma attacks.  I lost count in the amount of times I have had to use my albuterol inhaler today.  Anyway, I am afraid I am either getting a sinus infection or pneumonia or both.  I got pneumonia when I was pregnant with my son and it took me two months to get over.  Anyway, ladies do you have any advice on what I can do to relieve some of the pressure and pain or coughing?  Any suggestions would be great.

babies
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
pandermom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:34 AM

I have taken sinutap (sp.?) With my first I had really bad sinus problems. I even have problems now, since I am BF I use that too.

I hope you feel better I sure know how it feels. My face sometimes feels like its about to exploded.

sylviapike26
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:37 AM

I think I am going to try to go in and see my regular dr and see if he can see me.  I am just afraid of getting something worse.  Since I have asthma, a simple cold can become something much worse quite quickly.

babies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)