Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

possible layoff

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:54 AM
  • 3 Replies

I know i shouldnt even dwell on this until it happens but my husband had been with the same company for 14 years and they are so slow right now that that  already did layoffs and the rumors are to expect more. possibly up to my husband,. I know this is happening everywhere but i am just so worried and cant stop thinking about it..Any suggestions on how to cope? I have been under so much stress this last year strating with the loss of my mother, problems with my oldest daughter , it just feels like my life is caving in and i dont know how much more i can take.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ain-gell72
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:03 AM

wow, i am so sorry to hear that!

if i were you, i would start preparing for the layoff, meaning cutting back as much as possible. i don't know ur situation, but can you work or do you already? even babysitting could help. i really don't know what else to say. i am very sorry you lost ur mom.

hugs to you!

kat478
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Thank You.. Yes i do work actually 2 part time jobs. My husbands is the main income though .He has the insurance and everything thats why i am so worried i need that with 3 kids.

norbert
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:06 AM

aww (((( hugs))).  Hon try as hard as you can to live your life and not your life situation.  The difference being is that your life situation is the past and the future and your life is right now.  Try not to focus on what may or may not happen in the future.  ( I know easier said then done) Check in with yourself and ask is there a problem right now?? Is there something that I should be doing right now that I am not?? If there is then do it if there isn't then try as hard as you can to not worry about things that are out of your control.  I hope that your husband doesn't get laid off but if he does is there really anything that you can do about it?? Is getting yourself stressed out about things that are not within your control going to help?? As another poster said try to prepare as best you can, cut down on non necessities and do your best to have a cushion if the worst does happen, but don't miss out on living your life by focusing on the a possible future.

I try as hard as I can to stay in the moment, when times are tough I try as hard as I can to not think about things that are out of my control and stay focused on what is within my control.  There are days when I take in 10 minutes at a time lol but I get through.   Hang in there and remember this too shall pass, I am sure you can look back and remember times when things were uncertain or difficult and you got through them, you and your family will get through this too.  Keep in mind that all life situations are temporary and try to focus on the good.  Hang in there mama you will get through this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)