Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This has got to stop

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:18 AM
  • 5 Replies

DS has had Diahrea now for about a week.  I am really getting sick of everything associated with it.  The diaper changes the clothes changes, because it's explosive.  The smell.

What happened is that we were all sick from the stomach flu at home and where he is watched during the day when I am working, at Grandma's.  His 2 yr old cousin got diahrea too and it lasted a week.  my SIL says it just has to run it course but I am sick of changing clothes with poop in them in the morning and having DS smell.  I have even tried doubling his diaper at night.  I know that if he didn't have this he would sleep longer.  But because he is cold and wet he is waking up.  I would also like this to stop before I go back to work on Monday.  Any suggestions.  I am giving him pedialite.  He is also eating as normal as a 10 1/2month old can.  He is also as active as normal.  I am at a loss any suggestions would be very helpful. 

Mom to Wyatt David 

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
robe739
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:30 AM

I can't think of anything over-the-counter that is for just diarrhia.  Hopefully you can just wait it out & it will stop before monday.  Sorry, i'm not much help!  Good luck!

pregnancy due date
mommyneedssleep
by Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:30 AM

have you tried the brat diet? bananas, rice, applesauce and toast with no butter. i watch a little boy who had it and i had to do that  and here it worked.

KaseyHickman
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:32 AM

They make imodium for baby's. I had to use it on my son once when his diarrhea was really bad. It seemed to work

I'm a mother first and a wife second. I love my life.  My hubby and I are going to start trying to have another Baby! Happy Holiday To everyone! God Bless!

sk_tennyson
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Yep do this. You need to push formula or BM (whatever it is you use). Don't give any juice till it stops too.

Quoting mommyneedssleep:

have you tried the brat diet? bananas, rice, applesauce and toast with no butter. i watch a little boy who had it and i had to do that  and here it worked.

sgilbert211
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Definetly try the BRAT diet. But you don't want to give him meds to stop the diarrhea because then the virus will only stay in his body longer and make things worse. It's a virus that just has to run its course. And you will have many more years of this!! Do not give him any juice and if he's on a milk based formula try putting him on lactose-free or soy formula for awhile. Milk only makes it worse. Good luck. It WILL end!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)