Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Soap in Mouth

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:58 AM
  • 7 Replies

My daughter just swore at me :( Should I wash her mouth out with soap?

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mrsderekjeter
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:59 AM

How old is she?
Soaps these days have a ton of toxins in them.

I'd go with vinegar :)

MommysCrazy
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Please don't.....if you look at what is in soap, there are quite a few chemiclas that are not safe for internal consumption, she could have stomach problems, intestinal problems, etc.

tyra618
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:01 AM

No.  Soap can be dangerous.  Use a non toxic product.  vinegar works great and is natural.  Children have died from having soap put in their mouths. 

maryinger

no. soap has dangerous chemicals in it.

put her in time-out, 3 minutes for every letter in that specific word. or ground her for the day from tv and whatnot.

lolapop13

noooooo I would put her in time out or the corner soap is really bad 4 kids in the mouth

sheilabug

no! she could be allergic to something in it, her mouth could break out. why dont you just talk to her about it?!!

portakolis08
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:12 AM

No, soap in the mouth is dangerous...don't try hotsauce either...try a "zone" if she is old enough to understand..A "zone" is similar to timeout but it is used as a punishment.."Timeout should be used to allow the child to "regroup" but it is not recommended as a punishment.. A "zone" is meant to enforce a specific negative consequence.."you act up" you are out of the game so to speak..much like a penality box in hockey and other sports...Penality Zones should never be enforced for huge periods of times and the child should not be allowed to get up until you know that they understand that their behavior was wrong and why the consequence was enacted...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)