Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Married......The good ... the bad ....and the ugly!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:27 AM
  • 3 Replies

So my husband and I have been married for almost 15years. You name it we have been thru it! EVERYTHING that you can think of... Well now he works for this very stable company and has a good job. He works about 15 min away from the house. He works 12 hour days. So we dont see much of him. Not to mention the once or twice a week out with the big boys (help his career type of thing) this company is a real boys club. So we have four kids I work part time and take care of everything with the kids. This is fine...but now he has decided to start working out too. He is over weight and needs to do this I know. However I feel like we are living two lives. So I suggest we work out together. Ill get a babysitter 3 days a week for an hour or so and we will go together. He says well thats really my time and I dont see that is our time. Why dont you set up a date night once a week instead. Should I not be bothered by this?? Why cant we do both? I mean he already is gone so much I just wanted to try and spend some time together...... MEN!!!

frustrated

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
katandjohnmommy
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:30 AM

I can see why he is saying it's not really "time together" cause you will both be doing your own thing. And from someone who works out I don't want to be bothered. I put my headphones on and just do my thing.

I can see doing both but maybe he feels that you might be "neglected" in the work out time and feel that he isn't paying enough attention to you since you don't spend time together anyways.

My husband works odd hours and we see each other on the week-end so I feel for you pain.

But I agree the date night is a wonderful idea

Come check out my group -- Gotta Love My Music!-http://www.cafemom.com/group/93014/

canagirl95
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 11:34 AM

I think we married twins seperated at birth!  Maybe a healthy date night out to go along with working out?  Hub bought me a treadmill that we both use a LOT more than his weight set!  Good luck & happy healthy new year!

amandad0225
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Me and my husband does this all the time.  many gyms have a daycare in there.  la its only 10 a month per child for like an hour or to dont remember.  ours is 75 for us and the two kids and they stay in there for 2 hours.  we work the same machine and chitchat a little.  its not really about the talking but the thing of doing something good for us together.  plus you can support each other.  then he will go swim laps and i will sit in the hot tub or something so we stil get time for ourselves.  maybe suggest that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)