Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my hubby sucks

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:50 PM
  • 16 Replies

ok  I am so gald that i have found you ladies.

My little ones have been getting head lice for years and i can't stand it.  I have just spent Hours going though thier hair again. and Hubby says that he cant so though mine and I have NO friends ( i dont leave my house, Only to get the mail and that is it).

is there anything i can do other then shaving my head again.

please help me

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tcravey2
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:52 PM

baby oil

amandad0225
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:52 PM

sorry dont really know i know my mom did it by herself before  but cant be easy so heres a bump

kgsharber
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Shave your head AGAIN???? I am sorry he's a prick!

jheitkamper
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:55 PM

you need to tell him that if he does not help you get rid of them then your kids will just keep getting them off of you....i have heard that oil does work but i can say "knock on wood" i have never had to deal with that

mylifesucks
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:56 PM

yeah i did it once  and i am NOT doing it again ever.  I went though the kids hair and it was almost 2 years before they got it again.  ANd now they have it again.  and I feel like such a bad mom for them to keep getting it.  Just sitting her thinking about it makes me cry.

Quoting kgsharber:

Shave your head AGAIN???? I am sorry he's a prick!

kachinav4

U can buy these combs that beep whenever they find a nit.

LoveMyBugs

Can't  you put the lice shampoo in your own hair and comb it out? My Mom used to because my Step-Dad was the same way. And our hair always was to our butts or longer. So it was really difficult for her but she did it. Use the lice shampoo and just shampoo with Tea Tree Shampoo for a couple days. I used that once when I was pregnant and a little girl my Mom watched got lice. Since I was pregnant I was told I couldn't use the lice treatment so I used Tea Tree Shampoo. Smells aweful but works. Never did get it! Good luck.

proudaf.gifww-onenation.gif picture by preemiemommypinky_joyfamilya1.gif picture by preemiemommyththsaisso.gif picture by preemiemommyInterested in swapping stories, recipes, and more? Come join the Mamma Swap and get started on the fun! http://www.cafemom.com/group/95528/

bbysqd
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:59 PM

after you treat your hair you should sleep with olive oil in your hair. We had head lice once, its so awful, and I kept olive oil in my hair for 2 weeks. If my hubby made me shave my head cause he wouldn't check for head lice.. well I would probably be the next Bobit woman....

Jenia312
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:01 PM

There's a special comb made to comb out lice and their eggs (very small teeth).  You can also find a special Shampoo for lice.  I don't recall the name but you can ask someone at the store for help.

portakolis08
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Okay..first..you may want to be a little more positive before resorting to headshaving....and do some research. There are many ways to remove the eggs..which I think may be the problem in your case (those darn things are hard to see and almost impossible to get out)..Try baby oil..or try vinger..do not use either for too long of periods of time...you can also dye your hair and that will get rid of them..(same concept as viniger)...

Can't go through your hair and won't go through your hair are two different things?? But, either way I am sorry that does suck

Trying walking a little to get outside some more...or take the kids to the reading hour at your local library

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)