Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nipple issues

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:36 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok so my son is almost 6 months old. Hes bottle fed and i know that there is different stages to the nipples. When he was 3 months i changed his nipple to stage 2   (3-6 month) He seems to choke and drank his bottles soooo fast and it upset his tummy. So i switched back and never tried again. Has anyone else had this issue? Is it bad hes still on a stage 1 nipple?

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
momto3girls0620
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:39 PM

my youngest was the same way...i don't think it's bad ...as long as he is eating good and gaining weight he's fine

JBGmom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:48 PM

i breast fed my son until he was 7mos, so i really dont know... but when i switched him from the breast to the bottle depending on what he was eating is what kinda nipple i would choose for example... if hes jus drinking plain formula with nothing added to it id have him a stage 1 because its more liquid and goes down faster but if i mix cereal in with the formula which makes the milk a lil thicker id use the stage 2 nipples so he can get a good flow of mild out of it because i found that using the stage 1 nipples sometimes got clogged when used it with cereal... so it depends... and keep in mind that every baby is different and the lables that are put on a package of nipples is jus a general estimate if ur baby is more comfortable with a stage 1 nipple then dont worry abot it as long as he/she is eating and getting nutrients it really doesnt matter what nipple you use... my son is 10mos old now he mostly drinks from sippy cups but i give him a bottle at night... my advice if ur trying 2 save a lil money... stop buying stage nipples all it is a nipple with a bigger whole when the stage 1 nipples werent working for my son any more i didnt go out and buy STAGE 2 i jus made the hole a lil bigger on the ones he already had jus us a safety pin and you can save the 5or 10 dollars you would have spent on a pack pf new nipples.

Sillieguze
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:52 PM

We left my son on the stage 1 nipples for a long time otherwise he drank the bottle too fast.  I think he was about 8 or 9 months old before we switched him to the stage 2 nipples.  We only switched him because he wasn't drinking his bottle fast enough in the morning and it was taking him forever to drink it, so we switched him. 

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
marimouse
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:32 PM

when he starts takin forever to get the milk and starts maybe acting frustrated i would switch him, although u could definitely try again my daughter used 1 for months before we switched her but another girl same age was on 2 since birth...it just depends on the baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)