Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnancy question...

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:48 PM
  • 6 Replies

ok i missed a period 9-10 days late. i have had a lot of "morning sickness" or just nausea these past couple days. pregnant? -2 tests said no... i read how if u have ovarian cysts then hcg levels may not be detected in urine. i found out previously that i have that polycystic somethin or other (cysts on my ovaries) if i get a blood test will hcg levels show up there or will i need an ultrasound?

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MomToMags
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:49 PM

A blood test will work.

Happy New Year !!!!!!

happy new year 2009

Amanda9
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:49 PM

bump wish i could help ya

mykidsaremyall
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:51 PM

the blood test would be more accurate then the 'pee' tests. but if your doctor already knows about your cysts which would make levels be all crazy, he or she might want to do both the blood and the ultrasound to be safe. you could aways request the US if the blood test still shows up as negative.

MomToBeISaMom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:52 PM

With this pregnancy, I didn't get a positive result until at least 6 weeks.  I tested at about 4 weeks and again at 5 weeks, got negative results, but I knew I was pregnant.  If you want to know right away, ask for a blood test.  Otherwise, wait and test again in a week.  Good luck!

magna45
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:54 PM

You have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, I too have that.

I had my period when I was pregnant, and my urine tests never showed I was pregnant...Yes, get a blood test done, that will show whether you are pregnant or not.

Deb

lilianasmom1116
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Quoting magna45:

You have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, I too have that.

I had my period when I was pregnant, and my urine tests never showed I was pregnant...Yes, get a blood test done, that will show whether you are pregnant or not.

THANKS HUN! BIG HELP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)