Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you Do when...

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

Your health insurance doesn't cover prenatal? I really want another one, even though we cant really afford it after buying a house and paying tuition. I have Humana ( we pay for it ourselves) and they say I have to pay for maternity insurance for a year before I will be covered, I think I could go to the VA since I am a veteran, but kinda would like to avoid that if at all possible. Anyone have advice?

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momoftwins96
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Is getting a full time job with benefits an option for you? If so that is what I would do.

3timesoccermom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:22 PM

My advice would be to wait.  The economy is not going to turn around tomorrow.

hionlife
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:24 PM

I would look into getting a different insurance, you might be stuck with the bills for this one but I would make sure that it would be covered if you should have any more.

Hey come check out our group, it's a place where you are free to say what you really think with no worry of any post or reply being deleted, or locked. Be sure and GET YOUR DRAMA FIX.......today and every day!

LuvmyKylie10
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:24 PM

I am sure I will be waiting another year, but I just have that itch!!

sk_tennyson
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Hmm well maybe there are some maternity insurance programs out there that will cover you right away. If not then call your OB and see what kind of payment plan they can work out with you so you can pay all the medical bills before you deliver. That's what we did with our first. Our insurance wouldn't cover about $2000 of the expenses so we worked out a payment plan. When I delivered I owed nothing.

I don't think you can go to the VA for maternity care, I know I can't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)