Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DH is going to court

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:38 PM
  • 3 Replies

Well My DH is going to court on his B-Day Jan 7th.. Thisa is because my own mother calms he hit her(which she did tell me he didnt).. My DH has to stay 500 ft away from my mother and her house (which DH, My dd and I were living).. All this was caused by a fight DH and my mom got in to at 4 am because all he asked from my mother was reaspect.. He couldnt take her calling him lazy(which he works 6 days a week from 4pm -2am), Telling DH that he HAS to pick up my sister from her job just because my mother didnt feel like it.. She also talks down to me and her and my step dad calls my DD lazy(she is only 10months old) because she just learnd how to crawl.. So DH got sick and tired of it and asked them both to please has some kind of respect for us.. So my mom got pissed off and started yelling and hitting my DH.. So DH called the cops on her and told them what happen.. But they didnt believe him nor I and Told us that we had 15 mins to pack a bag for my DDand us and leave.. We didnt understand why they did the cops did this to us , until we saw the cop talking shop with my step dad( he is also a cop).. Our friend let us stay at her house for the night and the next morning when we went over there a cop was waiting for us and served my DH with papers stating that HE is not allowed 500ft near my mother or the house, but he told us that my DD and me are allowed.. So now we have a laywer saying what the cops did to us was wrong and that we might have a case against them...  But I have to some how talk my mom into not putting my DH in jail.. Iam soo scared ladys I just dont know what to do.. I know one thing though in matter if this turns out good or bad, my relationship with my mother will never be the same again..

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LillysMama0308
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:45 PM

bump

Chibi_Kitten
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:46 PM

I'm so sorry you and your daughter have to suffer like this, I can't imagine how you're feeling or how much worse it must be for your husband.

My mom got mad at me before Christmas and hasn't spoken to us since. The cause of it was because I had told her not to tell my son that she was doing this or that with him because I didn't want him to get heartbroken when she didn't show up, considering that she hasn't shown up for the last six months whenever she's told him she was coming over.

As for your mom and step-dad, I think your husband had every right to ask for some respect and they were way out of line. Babies develop at different rates, my 5yo son and my almost 11mo daughter both started walking at 9mo. ME on the otherhand, I personally didn't start walking till I was almost a year and my nephew didn't start walking till he was 11mo. All of us are perfectly fine, perfectly healthy, everyone just develops at different rates. I think your daughter is fine, however, calling a 10mo lazy is ridiculous even if the child were in the olympics!

LillysMama0308
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Thank You so much for those kind words.. I really needed to hear from a outsider that this whole thing is ridiculous.. Thank you again soo much it really made me feel good..

Quoting Chibi_Kitten:

I'm so sorry you and your daughter have to suffer like this, I can't imagine how you're feeling or how much worse it must be for your husband.

My mom got mad at me before Christmas and hasn't spoken to us since. The cause of it was because I had told her not to tell my son that she was doing this or that with him because I didn't want him to get heartbroken when she didn't show up, considering that she hasn't shown up for the last six months whenever she's told him she was coming over.

As for your mom and step-dad, I think your husband had every right to ask for some respect and they were way out of line. Babies develop at different rates, my 5yo son and my almost 11mo daughter both started walking at 9mo. ME on the otherhand, I personally didn't start walking till I was almost a year and my nephew didn't start walking till he was 11mo. All of us are perfectly fine, perfectly healthy, everyone just develops at different rates. I think your daughter is fine, however, calling a 10mo lazy is ridiculous even if the child were in the olympics!

I am Proud Mommy to Lillyanna since 3/3/08 and Proud Wife to Andrew since 8/2/08 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)